This Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Kickin’ Kay Lynne is perfect for those who like a little spice in their chicken salad. This chicken salad is loaded with sriracha, bacon bits, pickled jalapenos, cheddar, and more!
This copycat Chicken Salad Chick Kickin’ Kay Lynne is a chicken salad that is absolutely loaded. There are so many awesome flavors in this chicken salad including ranch, bacon bits, jalapeno, sriracha, and cheddar. It is an easy recipe to make at home too.
If you love Chicken Salad Chick be sure to also check out some of my other favorites including this copycat Chicken Salad Chick Classic Carol, copycat Chicken Salad Chick broccoli salad, and copycat Chicken Salad Chick Sassy Scotty!
💭 Why you’ll love this recipe
This recipe is very close to the restaurant version. It is an easy copycat recipe that you can prep for lunches too.
🥓 Ingredients needed
For this recipe, you will need:
- Chicken tenderloins: You can also substitute chicken breast or pre-cooked shredded rotisserie chicken. For the closest to the restaurant version try this recipe with chicken tenderloins.
- Mayonnaise: With all my copycat Chicken Salad Chick recipes, I recommend using Duke’s mayonnaise or another high quality mayonnaise if you can’t find it. Do not use a light mayonnaise.
- Garlic powder, onion powder, celery salt, salt, and pepper: The seasonings for the chicken salad.
- Buffalo wing sauce: I used Frank’s mild wing sauce.
- Cheddar: Try grating your own for the closest taste to the restaurant version. If you’re short on time, pre-shredded is fine too. Use a sharp cheddar.
- Bacon bits
- Ranch: I recommend Ken’s brand of ranch. You can also use homemade or whatever brand you have on hand.
🔪 Equipment needed
You will need a hand or stand mixer to shred the chicken.
⏲️ Recipe instructions (step by step guide)
Begin by bringing a large pot of water to a boil. Add the chicken tenderloins and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink. Chicken should register 165 degrees (Fahrenheit) with a meat thermometer. Let it cool and gather your other ingredients.
Move the chicken to a large mixing bowl and shred with your hand or stand mixer. This will help the chicken get super fine just like the restaurant version.
Add the mayonnaise, seasonings, ranch, sriracha, and buffalo sauce. Mix well. Stir in the cheddar, bacon bits, and diced pickled jalapenos.
Serve with crackers, toast, or on a salad.
🥗 What to serve with this recipe
You can serve this recipe with crackers, toast, or on a fresh green salad. This chicken salad also goes great with Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Broccoli Salad or a fresh fruit salad (like this Fruit Salad with Sprite).
If you want to stay on the Chicken Salad Chick trend, you could also make these Copycat Chicken Salad Chick rice crispy treats. If you want something different, why not try this chicken salad with some fresh sourdough bread (this sourdough bread recipe without a scale is perfect for beginner bakers).
- If possible, use Duke’s mayonnaise (a brand of mayo) or another restaurant quality mayonnaise.
- Use Ken’s (a brand of dressings and sauces) for the ranch and Frank’s mild wing sauce (another brand). Of course you can substitute for what you have on hand but I think these will give you the closest taste.
- I used bacon bits but you can also fry your own bacon.
🥡 How to store leftovers
Store any leftover chicken salad in an airtight container. It will keep in your fridge for up to four days after making.
Other Chicken Salad Chick copycat recipes:
- Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Buffalo Barclay
- Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Jalapeño Holly
- Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Classic Carol
- Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Broccoli Salad
- Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Cranberry Kelli
- Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Lemon Basil Chicken Salad
- Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Pimento Cheese
- Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Sassy Scotty
If you tried this Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Kickin’ Kay Lynne Chicken Salad or any other recipe on my site, please leave a ⭐ rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I would love to hear from you!
Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Kickin’ Kay Lynne
- Large pot
- hand mixer or food processor to shred the chicken
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins Use 2 cups of shredded chicken if you are using rotisserie or chicken breast
- ¾ cup Duke's mayonnaise you can use another brand but Duke's is what a lot of restaurants use and will give you a very close taste to CSC
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch celery salt
- 1 pinch salt or to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper or to taste
- 3 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce (mild) I recommend Frank's
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapenos diced
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing I recommend Ken's
- ½ cup bacon bits
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar
- Begin by bringing a large pot of water to a boil. Add the chicken tenderloins and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink. Chicken should register 165 degrees (Fahrenheit) with a meat thermometer.
- Let the chicken cool and gather your other ingredients.
- Move the chicken to a large mixing bowl and shred with your hand or stand mixer. This will help the chicken get super fine just like the restaurant version.
- Add the mayonnaise, seasonings, ranch, sriracha, and buffalo sauce. Mix well. Stir in the cheddar, bacon bits, and diced pickled jalapenos.
- Serve with crackers, toast, or on a salad.