Chicken salad is one of our go-to lunches at my house. This copycat McAlister’s chicken salad is one of our favorites. Especially during the hot summer months!
This delicious McAlister’s chicken salad is sure to satisfy your McAlister’s cravings without leaving your house. It is easy to make and would go great with a glass of copycat McAlister’s sweet tea, copycat McAlister’s mac and cheese, or copycat McAlsiter’s tortilla soup.
💭 Why you’ll love this recipe
This chicken salad is so refreshing. It is an easy and budget friendly copycat recipe that you can make at home.
🥗 Ingredients needed
For this chicken salad, you will need:
- Shredded rotisserie chicken: I used shredded rotisserie chicken with the skin removed. You can also use shredded chicken breast.
- Mayonnaise: I used Duke’s mayonnaise. It is a high quality mayonnaise that a lot of restaurant’s use. If you can’t find Duke’s, I recommend any other full fat mayo.
- Celery salt, garlic powder, salt and pepper: The seasonings for the salad. There is just a hint of seasoning, it isn’t overwhelming.
- Craisins: Also known as dried cranberries.
- Celery: You will need half of a celery rib for this recipe.
⏲️ Recipe instructions (step by step guide)
Shred your chicken and remove the skin. I used a hand mixer to easily shred it. Add the mayonnaise and seasonings. Mix well (image 1). Add the remaining ingredients and mix well (image 2). Serve as a sandwich, with crackers, on a fresh green salad.
- Use a hand mixer to easily shred your chicken.
- You can use shredded rotisserie chicken without skin or boil/bake a chicken breast and shred it.
🥡 How to store leftovers
Store any leftover chicken salad in your fridge. Leftovers will keep for up to four days after making.
Other McAlister’s recipes:
If you tried this Copycat McAlister’s Chicken Salad or any other recipe on my site, please leave a ⭐ rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I would love to hear from you!
Copycat McAlister’s Chicken Salad
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken skin removed*
- ½ cup mayonnaise I used Duke's
- 1 pinch celery salt
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste (I used just a little maybe a pinch or two of each)
- ½ rib celery diced
- ¼ cup craisins
- 2 tablespoons pecan pieces
- Shred your chicken and remove the skin. I used a hand mixer to easily shred it. Add the mayonnaise and seasonings. Mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Serve as a sandwich, with crackers, on a fresh green salad.