This copycat Texas Roadhouse ranch is so easy to make at home. It goes wonderfully over a fresh green salad.
Besides their famous rolls and honey butter another favorite of mine at Texas Roadhouse is their ranch dressing. It is just so darn good and I knew that I had to recreate the recipe at home.
This copycat ranch recipe uses fresh ingredients and it does not use a packet of ranch. I have nothing against those packets but I don’t think they have the right flavor for a good steakhouse style ranch.
Ingredients needed for this recipe:
For this recipe, you will need:
- Sour cream: I recommend using the full fat kind for the best taste.
- Buttermilk: If you don’t have any buttermilk, you can make a substitute by combining ½ cup of milk with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Mayonnaise: I used Kraft but you can use whatever your favorite brand is. I’ve heard of people having good, restaurant quality results with Duke’s as well.
- Onion powder, garlic powder, garlic salt, dried dill, cayenne pepper, and dried parsley: To give the salad dressing its flavor.
- Lemon juice: If you can, use fresh for best results but the bottled kind will work too.
- Salt and pepper: I recommend doing salt and pepper to taste.
You will also need a whisk.
How long will the dressing be good for?
You can keep this ranch dressing in your fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days. I prefer to store mine in a mason jar.
How to make this copycat ranch
This recipe is very easy to make. In a small bowl, combine the spices and set aside.
Next, measure out your buttermilk, mayonnaise, lemon juice and sour cream and add them to a bowl.
Whisk everything together well and then let chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Copycat Texas Roadhouse Ranch Dressing
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup full fat sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the spices and set aside.
- Next, measure out your buttermilk, mayonnaise, lemon juice and sour cream and add them to a bowl.
- Whisk everything together well and then let chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, preferably one hour.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
If you liked this recipe, you might also enjoy:
Don’t forget to share this recipe or save it for later with Pinterest!