These crockpot smothered chicken thighs are such an easy and delicious way to get dinner on the table. There’s nothing better than good, old-fashioned comfort food made easy.
I don’t know about you but I love coming home to a delicious crockpot dinner. These crockpot smothered chicken thighs are such an awesome comfort food and they are so easy to make too!
Using my crockpot to make dinner makes my life so much easier. This recipe is wonderful because you can toss everything in and go.
What ingredients do I need to make this recipe?
This recipe is easy peasy. You will need:
- Chicken thighs: You’ll want to use boneless and skinless chicken thighs. You can also use chicken breast, if desired although I find that chicken thighs have more flavor and don’t dry out as much as chicken breast in the crockpot.
- Cream of chicken soup: You’ll need two cans. They should be about 10.5 ounces each.
- Yellow onion: For this recipe, you’ll need one large yellow onion.
- Onion soup mix: To season the gravy.
- Fresh mushrooms: You’ll need 8 ounces of fresh sliced mushrooms.
- Salt and pepper to taste: Note that the cream of chicken and soup mix can be quite salty so you may want to use more pepper than salt or skip the salt entirely.
What to serve with this recipe
These smothered chicken thighs go great with mashed potatoes or buttered egg noodles. Green beans, steamed carrots, and fresh yeast rolls also go great and will complete the meal. I’ve also served these with cauliflower mash before to save on calories.
Tips for this recipe
- I recommend salt and pepper to taste. The canned cream of chicken and soup mix usually contain a lot of sodium so you may want to go easy on the salt.
- Stir everything well before cooking.
Crockpot Smothered Chicken Thighs
- Crockpot or slow cooker
- 6 to 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 large yellow onion sliced
- 2 cans cream of chicken about 10.5 ounces each
- 1 packet onion soup mix such as Lipton
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray your crockpot with non-stick spray.
- Add the onions and mushrooms.
- Arrange the chicken thighs on top.
- Cover with cream of chicken and add the onion soup mix.
- Stir well and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also like:
- Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches
- Brown Sugar and Garlic Whole Chicken
- Crockpot Sausage and Peppers
Don’t forget to share this recipe or save it for later on Pinterest!