If you love making a Starbucks run but are watching your calories then you’ll love this amazing list of low calorie Starbucks drink ideas!
The drinks at Starbucks are so good but some of them can be pretty hefty in calories. The goal of this list is to satisfy your coffee or drink cravings without all the calories.
Most of the calorie information was taken from Starbucks official website and this list. The drinks mentioned are all for a tall sized beverage. For this list, a drink that is 100 calories or less will be considered a low calorie beverage.
As always, these drink ideas should be taken as just suggestions, be sure to check the Starbucks website for any changes and official nutritional information. Some substitutions will be an extra charge, so be sure to check before ordering. I like to use the mobile app so I know what the cost will be.
⭐ How to order your drink (the best order for your barista)
Usually this order method works best:
- Hot or iced
- Size (for this list all the calorie information is for a tall drink)
- Milk type
- Custom syrup
- Other customizations
⭐ Obvious ways to reduce the calories
- Order a black coffee
- Order a smaller size
- Ask for less pumps of syrup
- Ask for sugar free syrup
- Ask for no whip (whipped cream)
- Get an iced coffee (they are usually less calories)
- Say no to the frappucino
- Get non-fat milk or a milk substitute (more below)
Milk and milk substitutions
Milk can add a ton of calories. Soy, coconut, and non-fat dairy milk are all good options to consider when watching your calories. Lattes have a lot of milk, try a cappuccino or misto instead.
⭐ Skinny Starbucks drinks
Asking for a skinny drink is definitely the easiest way to get a low calorie drink. A skinny drink is made with sugar free syrup and non-fat milk. Skinny Starbucks drink ideas include:
- Skinny cinnamon dolce latte (100 calories)
- Iced skinny cinnamon dolce latte (60 calories)
- Skinny iced mocha (90 calories)
- Skinny vanilla latte (this actually my favorite skinny drink but I wasn’t able to find a calorie count on it)
🥤 Low calorie iced coffee Starbucks drinks
It gets really hot here in Texas and I do love my iced or cold Starbucks drink during the summer. Again, the calorie count on every beverage on this list is for a tall.
- Iced coffee with non-fat milk (80 calories)
- Iced coffee with soy milk (80 calories)
- Iced coffee with coconut milk (80 calories)
- Iced cafe latte with non-fat milk (70 calories)
- Iced cafe latte with soy milk (70 calories)
- Iced cafe latte with coconut milk (70 calories)
- Iced espresso shot (5 calories per shot)
- Nitro cold brew (5 calories)
- Vanilla sweet cream nitro cold brew (70 calories)
- Vanilla sweet cream cold brew (90 calories)
- Iced chocolate almond milk shaken espresso (80 calories)
☕ Low calorie hot Starbucks drinks
There’s nothing like a hot coffee or tea on a cold day!
- Cafe misto with non-fat milk (80 calories)
- Cafe misto with soy milk (80 calories)
- Cafe misto with coconut milk (80 calories)
- Cafe latte with non-fat milk (100 calories)
- Cappuccino with regular milk (90 calories)
- Cappuccino with non-fat milk (60 calories)
- Cappuccino with coconut milk (100 calories)
- Flat white with non-fat milk (100 calories)
- Flat white with coconut milk (100 calories)
- Jade citrus mint tea (0 calories)
🍹 Low calorie non-coffee Starbucks drinks
Not in the mood for coffee? If so, you might want to check out one of these non-coffee options:
- Iced black tea (60 calories)
- Iced black tea lemonade (90 calories)
- Iced green tea (60 calories)
- Iced green tea lemonade (90 calories)
- Iced mango black tea (60 calories)
- Iced peach green tea (60 calories)
- Iced passion tango tea lemonade (90 calories)
- Very berry refresher (70 calories)
- Lemonade (80 calories)
- Star drink (100 calories)
- Kiwi starfruit refresher (70 calories)
⭐ Other tips to save calories
- To save calories on teas, ask for them unsweetened or with a sugar free syrup.
- Frappucinos have the highest calories but if you are set on getting one ask for no whipped cream, non-fat milk, and a sugar free syrup.
- If you have your heart on a certain drink, ask for one less pump of syrup for less calories.
- See if your location offers a “short” drink. This is even smaller than the tall, so it will be even less calories.
⭐ Other tips for ordering
- Use the mobile order option for off menu and custom drinks (it helps the baristas not get behind in the store or car line sine they have more time).
- If you are requesting a non-dairy order, be sure to specify if you want whipped cream or not, especially on mobile orders.
- Order on the app for points.
Other Starbucks posts:
Do you have a low calorie drink I should add to the list or another tip? If so, please let me know in the comments below!
I am in no way affiliated with Starbucks, all opinions expressed in this post are my own.