This Jalapeño Cheddar Popcorn is an easy popcorn recipe to make at home. It is a great way to spice up your favorite snack!
Affiliates Disclaimer: Please note that this post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase or sign up for a service. There is no extra cost to you.
Popcorn is one of our go-to snacks at my house. This jalapeño cheddar popcorn is a fun twist on a classic recipe.
If you’re a fan of pickled jalapeños be sure to also check out this Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Jalapeño Holly chicken salad recipe and this guacamole with pickled jalapeños.
💭 Why you’ll love this recipe
This popcorn is such an awesome snack. It is so easy to make at home too.
🍿 Ingredients needed
For this recipe, you will need:
- Popcorn kernels: Or you can make your own popcorn in the microwave.
- Oil: You can use coconut oil, olive oil, vegetable or canola oil.
- Cheddar seasoning: I found mine in the popcorn aisle at my local grocery store. You can also grab some on Amazon too.
- Pickled jalapeños
- You can use microwavable popcorn instead of making popcorn on the stove top.
⏲️ Recipe instructions (step by step guide)
Begin by adding oil and a layer of popcorn kernels to a skillet with a lid. Cover with a lid and heat over medium high heat.
Shake gently once popping starts. When popping starts to slow remove from heat then transfer to a bowl.
Alternatively, you can prepare your popcorn according to the directions on the package if using microwavable popcorn.
Add cheddar seasoning to the popcorn (image 1).
Add pickled jalapeño slices on top to your taste (image 2).
- One of my favorite ways to make popcorn is this cast iron skillet popcorn! You can use it as a base then add the cheddar and jalapeños on top.
🥡 How to store leftovers
Store any leftover popcorn in an airtight container or bag (without jalapeños or it will become soggy). The popcorn will be good for up to one week after making. Add jalapeños before serving.
Other great recipes:
If you tried this Jalapeños Cheddar Popcorn or any other recipe on my site, please leave a ⭐ rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I would love to hear from you!
Jalapeño Cheddar Popcorn
- Skillet with lid
- ¼ cup oil You can use coconut oil, olive oil, vegetable or canola oil. I used vegetable oil.
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- 6 to 8 tablespoons cheddar seasoning or to taste
- 8 pickled jalapeño slices or more to taste
- salt optional
- Begin by adding oil and a layer of popcorn kernels to a skillet with a lid. Cover with a lid and heat over medium high heat.*¼ cup oil, ½ cup popcorn kernels
- Shake gently once popping starts. When popping starts to slow remove from heat then transfer to a bowl.
- Add cheddar seasoning to the popcorn (I did about one tablespoon per two cups of popcorn).6 to 8 tablespoons cheddar seasoning
- Add pickled jalapeño slices on top to your taste.8 pickled jalapeño slices
- Add salt to taste, if desired.salt