This Lipton spinach dip is a classic recipe! This dip recipe is delicious and goes great with chips, veggies, or crackers.
This Lipton spinach dip is a classic and sure to be a hit at your next party or potluck. This dip goes great with potato chips, tortilla chips, crackers, or veggies!
I have been making this dip for almost ten years now. I first learned how to make it from an old friend then tweaked the recipe a little bit.
- Lipton’s onion soup mix: These usually come in a box of two, but you will just need one packet.
- Dried minced onion: Optional, but I always add just a little and get a lot of compliments on this dip recipe.
- Water chestnuts: About 8 ounces. Rinse, drain, and then chop.
- Spinach: You’ll need 10 ounces of frozen spinach. Cook and then remove the excess water in a colander and pat with paper towels. You can even microwave it to make things faster. You can also use fresh spinach, if desired.
- Sour cream and mayo: I recommend using full fat versions of both for the best results.
- Bell pepper: I like to add half of a sweet bell pepper (yellow, orange, or red) to give the dip some extra crunch. You can use the other half of the bell pepper to serve with the dip.
You will need a large bowl and a colander for this recipe.
How to make
Begin by cooking your spinach according to the directions on the package (I microwaved mine). Let it cool. Use a colander to drain the excess water then use paper towels to pat dry.
In a large bowl combine the mayonnaise and sour cream. Mix well.
Stir in the onion soup mix and minced onions. Next, stir in the spinach, water chestnuts and diced bell pepper. Mix well.
Let chill for 1-2 hours before serving. Serve with chips, vegetables, or crackers.
- Try with fresh spinach instead of frozen. You’ll need one bunch of fresh spinach. Trim the stems, wash, pat dry, and then chop into fine pieces.
- Let your dip chill before serving. This will allow all the flavors to come together.
How to store leftovers
Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in your refrigerator. Leftovers will be good for 3-4 days after making.
Other dip recipes:
Lipton Spinach Dip Recipe
- large bowl
- 1 packet onion soup mix I used Lipton's
- ¼ teaspoon minced onion optional
- 1 cup sour cream about 8 ounces
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ red bell pepper diced (optional but I like the crunch)
- 1 can water chestnuts about 8 ounces, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 package frozen spinach about 10 ounces (or use fresh)
- Begin by cooking your spinach according to the directions on the package (I microwaved mine). Let it cool. Use a colander to drain the excess water then use paper towels to pat dry.
- In a large bowl combine the mayonnaise and sour cream. Mix well.
- Stir in the onion soup mix and minced onions. Next, stir in the spinach, water chestnuts and diced bell pepper. Mix well.
- Let chill for 1-2 hours before serving. Serve with chips, vegetables, or crackers.
Amy Liu Dong
This is a new dip that I need to make for everyone. It looks delicious, and I am sure everyone will love it!