This creamy green avocado dip is so easy to make. It is sure to be a hit as a side for Taco Tuesday or for your next potluck.
This dip goes really well with anything Tex-Mex or is great if you’re just craving something to snack on. You can dip tortilla chips in it or use it as a sauce with tacos.
It is a great dip to bring to parties and potlucks too. Some of our favorite party dips are this crockpot chili cheese dip, Doritos dip, and Lipton spinach dip. These turkey bacon wrapped dates are another easy appetizer we love too.
💭 Why I love this recipe
The avocados in this recipe make this dip so creamy. I love to make this dip whenever my local store has a sale on avocados. This is the perfect snack for summer.
I also especially love to make this dip for game nights or Superbowl parties. This also so easy to throw together if you’re short on time and all you need is a bag of tortilla chips to go with it. This dip can be made in just five minutes too!
🥑 What ingredients are needed to make this dip?
To make this dip you will need:
- Avocados: You’ll want them to be ripe and ready to use (they should give into your touch a little). This recipe calls for two large avocados but you can also use three small avocados.
- Salsa verde: You can control the heat with this recipe. Pick your favorite whether it is mild, medium, or hot. You can also a little more salsa if you want some extra spice in your dip.
- Sour cream: The full fat version usually tastes the best but if you want to use low fat then you certainly can.
- Lime juice: I used two small limes. You can also use bottled lime juice, if needed.
- Garlic salt: This will give the recipe some extra flavor. You can add more or less, if desired. I always recommend starting with less and then adding more if you want some extra zip.
- Onion powder: The onion powder will also give the dip a little extra flavor.
🥣 How to make this recipe
To make the dip, begin by peeling and removing the seeds from your avocados (image 1).
Mash them and then mix in the sour cream, lime juice, salsa, and spices with a hand mixer (image 2).
Mix until smooth (image 3). Serve with tortilla chips.
🥡 How to store leftovers
Store this recipe in an airtight container in your fridge. It will be good for up to three days after making. Stirring the dip a few times before eating again will revive the green color.
- Use your mixer to mash the avocados and mix the dip up quickly.
- For a spicier dip, add more salsa or you could also half of a diced jalapeno with the seeds removed.
- This is a versatile recipe. Add more salsa, lime juice, or spices according to your own personal taste.
Other great dip recipes:
Creamy Green Avocado Dip
- Hand mixer
- 2 large avocados if using small avocados use 3
- 8 ounces salsa verde this was half of a jar for me
- 1 container sour cream (about 16 ounces)
- the juice of two small limes if using bottled lime juice use about 4 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon onion powder or to taste
- To make the dip, begin by peeling and removing the seeds from your avocados.
- Mash them and then mix in the sour cream, lime juice, salsa, and spices with a hand mixer.
- Mix until smooth. Serve with tortilla chips.