These no bake lactation cookies are so easy to make. This recipe is loaded with nutrients that may encourage breast milk production.
Affiliates Disclaimer: Please note that this post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase or sign up for a service at no additional cost to you.
Information provided on this post is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Who has time to cook with a baby? I know that I didn’t! These no bake lactation cookies are so easy to make, all you need is a bowl, a measuring cup, and a big spoon. These no bake cookies are loaded with nutrients that may encourage more breast milk production.
I’m a mom of two and a good portion of my breastfeeding experience was with pumping since my first baby was in the NICU when he was born. Breastfeeding was such a roller coaster for me and since I had to start out pumping, supply was always an issue for me.
I’ve tried a lot of different lactation recipes out there and I personally found that they really helped, especially when I was pumping. Some other things that helped me were drinking a ton of water and eating well. Breastfeeding can make you so hungry and thirsty.
Two other things that also helped me with my breastfeeding and pumping journey were the Haakaa manual breast pump and Mother’s Milk tea (be sure to also check out my post on How to Make Mother’s Milk Tea Taste Better.
⭐ Why you’ll love this recipe
These lactation cookies are so easy to make! There’s no baking required and they make a great grab and go snack for breastfeeding moms.
🍪 What ingredients are needed for this recipe?
For this recipe, you will need:
- Quick oats: Oats are one of the most recommended foods for encouraging milk production.
- Creamy peanut butter: Peanut butter is loaded with nutrients and protein. You can also substitute your favorite nut butter for peanut butter.
- Honey: I feel like this is common knowledge but just a reminder that honey is only for the mamas and not for infants under one.
- Mini M&Ms candies: If you’re not a fan of M&Ms or watching your chocolate intake you can substitute butterscotch chips or raisins.
- Vanilla extract: I recommend using pure vanilla extract for this no bake recipe.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds are loaded with extra nutrients, fiber, and antioxidants. I love Navitas chia seeds from Amazon.
- Brewer’s yeast: Brewer’s yeast is considered a galactagogue which means it is a good that encourage breast milk production. Need to grab some brewer’s yeast? I always use Solgar Brewer’s yeast from Amazon.
💭 No brewer’s yeast?
Don’t worry you can still make these no bake lactation cookies without brewer’s yeast, although the recipe is more effective if you are able to add it.
🥣 How to make this recipe
Combine all of your ingredients into a large bowl and mix well with a large spoon until everything is well combined.
Use a large spoon or cookie scoop to form the dough into 1 ½ to 2 inch balls then flatten slightly.
Chill for 20 to 30 minutes and then enjoy.
🥡 How to store leftovers
Store your leftover no bake lactation cookies in an airtight container in your fridge. They should keep for up to 5 days.
Other lactation recipes:
If you tried these No Bake Lactation Cookies or any other recipe on my site, please leave a ⭐ rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I would love to hear from you!
No Bake Lactation Cookies Recipe
- 1 ½ cups quick oats
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter or your favorite nut butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup mini M&Ms you may also substitute raisins, chocolate chips, or butterscotch chips
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons brewer's yeast
- Combine all of your ingredients into a large bowl and mix well with a large spoon until everything is well combined.
- Use a large spoon or cookie scoop to form the dough into 1 ½ to 2 inch balls then flatten slightly.
- Chill for 20 to 30 minutes and then enjoy.
Love how easy this is to put together. Fun recipe
Alice | SkinnySpatula
What a great recipe for new mothers! They look absolutely delicious.
I made a batch of these to deliver to a new mom friend of mine. I know she will love these no bake cookies!!
This recipe looks so good. I will share with my daughter!
These look so good! Love the PB.
Sharing this recipe with my daughter. I remember those days, and cooking was out of the question.
What a great and delicious recipe for the breastfeeding mom! It’s so important to have the right food at hand to boost milk supply! Thanks for sharing!