These domino cookies are a lot like the double cookies at Great American Cookie Co! They’re so easy to make and absolutely delicious.
Domino cookies are such a delicious cookie treat. They’re thin with almost a brownie taste to them. This recipe for domino cookies is very similar to the cookies at Great American Cookies. Since they don’t use any eggs they are the perfect cookie to make when you want something sweet but are out of eggs.
I’ve had this recipe in my recipe binder for over 15 years now! This makes me feel so old to admit but it’s been a go-to recipe for many years. I once worked at a company where we frequently brought in treats for each other. There was also a guy who used smoke turkeys. We had not one but two fully working kitchens at our office! We would bake meals for Ronald McDonald House every few months and rotate which team got to cook and go. It was a really cool experience to be able to bring food in. This was many years ago and I think now the rules have changed for bringing in food but needless to say, someone was always cooking something at our office whether for the employees or for charity. I would always get requests to bring these cookies in. Even though I held this job over ten years ago, I still remember my coworkers asking me for some domino cookies. It’s always a good feeling when you have a special recipe that others enjoy.
I also love to make these domino cookies for Christmas cookie exchanges. When there are piles of sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies these chocolate brownie like cookies with white chocolate chips really stand out! They’re a lot of fun to bake for neighbors and friends.
What ingredients are needed for these cookies?
To make these domino cookies, you will need:
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder
- Baking soda
- All purpose flour
- White chocolate chips
They really don’t use any eggs?
Nope, no eggs needed in this recipe. These cookies are thin, soft, but still a little crunchy at the edges.
How many cookies does this recipe yield?
This recipe makes about 12 cookies.
Do not over bake these cookies. They may seem like they’re not completely done when you take them out of the oven but this keeps them moist.
- Hand mixer
- ½ cup room temperature butter do not melt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup high quality cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup warm water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- Begin by preheating your oven to 325 degrees and greasing two cookie sheets.
- Blend together the brown sugar, butter, white sugar, vanilla, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Do not melt the butter.
- In a separate cup dissolve the baking soda into the warm water then combine with other ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Add in the flour and mix well with a hand mixer for about three minutes.
- The batter should resemble thick frosting.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips with a large spoon.
- Drop the cookies onto the greased cookie sheets using a cookie scoop (about two tablespoons).
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes. They may seem a little undone but this is to keep the cookies moist.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. If you need even more recipes, be sure to check out our Take a Recipe and Leave a Recipe group on Facebook for even more cooking and baking recipes and ideas.
If you liked this recipe, you might also enjoy:
- Copycat Great American Cookies Sugar Cookies
- Copycat Great American Cookies Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Copycat Chic Fil A Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Banana Bread Sandwich Cookies