These domino cookies are a lot like the double chocolate cookies at Great American Cookie Company! They’re so easy to make and absolutely delicious.
Domino cookies are such a delicious cookie treat. They’re thin with almost a brownie taste to them. This recipe for domino cookies is very similar to the cookies at Great American Cookies. Since they don’t use any eggs they are the perfect cookie to make when you want something sweet but are out of eggs.
I’ve had this recipe in my recipe binder for over 15 years now! This makes me feel so old to admit but it’s been a go-to recipe for many years. I once worked at a company where we frequently brought in treats for each other. Even though I held this job over ten years ago, I still remember my coworkers asking me for some domino cookies. It’s always a good feeling when you have a special recipe that others enjoy.
What ingredients are needed for these cookies?
To make these domino cookies, you will need:
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder
- Baking soda
- All purpose flour
- White chocolate chips
They really don’t use any eggs?
Nope, no eggs needed in this recipe. These cookies are thin, soft, but still a little crunchy at the edges.
How many cookies does this recipe yield?
This recipe makes about 12 cookies.
Tips for this recipe
Do not over bake these cookies. They may seem like they’re not completely done when you take them out of the oven but this keeps them moist.
If you liked this recipe, you might also enjoy:
- Copycat Great American Cookies Sugar Cookies
- Copycat Great American Cookies Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Copycat Chic Fil A Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Copycat Bob Evans Cookies
- Hand mixer
- Baking sheet
- ½ cup room temperature butter do not melt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup high quality cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- Begin by preheating your oven to 325 degrees and greasing two cookie sheets.
- Blend together the brown sugar, butter, white sugar, vanilla, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Do not melt the butter.
- In a separate cup dissolve the baking soda into the warm water then combine with other ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Add in the flour and cocoa powder. Mix well with a hand mixer for about two minutes.
- The batter should resemble thick frosting.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips with a large spoon.
- Drop the cookies onto the greased cookie sheets using a cookie scoop (about two tablespoons).
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes. They may seem a little undone but this is to keep the cookies moist.
Maybe I’m just reading it wrong but when do I add the cocoa powder to the batter?
You can add it in with the flour.
These are so good! For my own mix to them, I added dark chocolate chips because my husband is a dark chocolate fiend.
Looks good. I gotta try this one with the kids.
Yum! These Domino cookies look delicious and simple to make!
Okay but yummmmm!!!!!!! I’m gonna have to try these!!
Joe @ Mini Riches
These are great for the holidays, but no so great for this dad bod! Lol!
These look delicious, I will have to try and bake them soon. Thank you for sharing
I’ve never heard of Domino cookies, but they sound amazing. I think I could easily make them gluten free as well. Thank you for the recipe!
Adding the ingredients to my next shopping list now! These look amazing!
Do you have any keto-friendly recipes?
Two Pink Peonies
Hi Maribeth, I have a few keto / low carb recipes. One of my most popular are these low carb Italian sausage and cream cheese stuff peppers. https://www.twopinkpeonies.com/recipes/italian-sausage-cream-cheese-stuffed-peppers/