Strawberry crunch covered strawberries are a delicious treat! You can dip the strawberries in vanilla coating or just use butter to keep the crumbles on.
Have you heard of strawberry crunch covered strawberries? They are SO good! I’m sure you’ve seen the strawberry crunch crumble topping for cheesecakes, cakes, or cupcakes, but these are slightly healthier since this recipe involves just strawberries and no cake.
Since we had so many extra strawberries from our local pick your own strawberry farm I was able to make quite a few strawberry crunch strawberries. Just when I thought my kids wouldn’t eat any more strawberries, they ate all of these. These strawberries are also a really fun Valentine’s Day, birthday, or Mother’s Day treat. They are also fantastic for topping cakes, cupcakes, or cheesecakes with.
These strawberries remind me of the Good Humor strawberry shortcake popsicles which are so good. I’ve also heard of these strawberries being called strawberry shortcake covered strawberries.
What ingredients are needed for this recipe?
To make these strawberry crunch covered strawberries, you will need:
- Strawberries: Red and in season berries are always best.
- Powdered sugar (optional): If you are making these for Valentine’s Day and your strawberries aren’t perfectly ripe try adding a little powdered sugar to sweeten them up.
- Mini Golden Oreos: If you can’t find mini golden Oreos try using about 10-12 regular golden Oreos.
- Butter: You will want to use unsalted butter.
- Strawberry gelatin mix: You’ll want to keep the gelatin (Jello) mix unprepared.
- French vanilla pudding mix: You will want the instant pudding for this recipe.
- White chocolate (optional): If you want to use white chocolate in this recipe, you totally can. You can use white chocolate to make the strawberries less crumbly. I love these strawberries with and without white chocolate. The best white chocolate for this recipe are the melting wafers if you can find them.
- Wax paper
- Cooking spray
How to store these strawberries
Once you’ve made your strawberries, you can store them in an airtight container in your refrigerator. They will be good for two days.
Tips for making this recipe
- If you want to make the crumbles stick to the strawberries better, dip the strawberries in melted white chocolate first.
- Use a double boiler to melt the chocolate. Melting it in the microwave is faster but it often comes out lumpy. If you don’t have a double boiler, use a larger pot to heat the water then spray a smaller pot with non-stick spray and melt the chocolate.
- Be sure to use French vanilla instant pudding. French vanilla makes a big difference in this recipe.
- Keep the tops on your strawberries. You can dip them easier by holding the green leaves.
- These strawberries are best the day of but can last for up to two days in your fridge.
- Watch your crumble closely in the oven.
Strawberry Crunch Covered Strawberries
- 12 strawberries washed and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar optional
- 1 container mini golden Oreos or 10-12 regular sized golden Oreos
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jello mix (do not prepare the mix)
- 3 tablespoons French vanilla instant pudding mix (do not prepare the mix)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper (not wax paper).
- If desired, sprinkle your strawberries with powdered sugar for a sweeter treat or if your strawberries aren't perfectly ripe.
- Lightly spray a sheet of wax paper or parchment paper with non-stick spray and then set aside (for your strawberries, not the crumble).
- Run your mini golden Oreos through a food processor until they are finely crushed.
- Add the vanilla pudding and strawberry gelatin mix (unprepared) to your Oreos.
- Spread on the baking sheet and bake for 7 to 8 minutes. Check at 4 to 5 minutes to turn over. I like to watch mine closely to make sure it doesn't burn. Let it cool.
- Next, soften your butter over low heat until completely melted.
- Dip your strawberries in the butter and then into the cooled crumble.
- Repeat until fully coated.
- Set aside on the wax paper and let set.
- Continue until you have dipped all of your strawberries.
- Let them set for 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator and then serve.
- (Optional) If you want to make the crumbles stick to the strawberries better try dipping the strawberries in melted vanilla candy coating or white chocolate first.
- Keep a close eye on your crumble so it doesn’t burn or become too toasted.
If you liked this recipe for strawberry crunch covered strawberries, you might also like:
- Chocolate Oreo Crunch Covered Strawberries
- Creamsicle Covered Strawberries
- Strawberry Crunch Oreo Truffles
- Strawberry Shortcake Fruit Salad with Strawberry Crunch Crumble
I hope you enjoyed this post on how to make strawberry crunch covered strawberries. I love these strawberries, they are so fun and tasty. If you need even more recipes, be sure to check out the Take a Recipe and Leave a Recipe group on Facebook!