These chocolate Oreo covered strawberries are out of this world! If you are a fan of chocolate covered strawberries then let me show you how to take them to the next level with Oreos. These chocolate Oreo covered strawberries are absolutely fantastic for Valentine’s Day, birthdays, Mother’s Day, or for topping cheesecakes, cakes, or cupcakes with. They’re also pretty easy to make since there is no baking involved.
If you’re a fan of chocolate, strawberries, and Oreos then you’ll love these chocolate Oreo covered strawberries! They are also super flexible. Whether you prefer milk chocolate or dark chocolate, they’ll still turn out great.
What ingredients are needed for this recipe?
To make these chocolate Oreo covered strawberries, you will need:
- Strawberries: You’ll want to wash and them and let them dry. I prefer to leave the stems on mine so that they’re easier to dip
- Chocolate pudding mix: You’ll want instant pudding.
- Chocolate: You can use milk chocolate or dark chocolate (just pick your favorite)! Melting chocolate works best.
- Oreos: Use one container of mini Oreos or about 10 regular sized Oreos.
- Wax paper
- Cooking spray
A note about chocolate
I’ve found that melting chocolate wafers works best for this recipe. The higher quality chocolate that you use, the better the strawberries will turn out. Using a double boiler is always best for melting chocolate. Many packages of melting wafers will claim you can melt in the microwave but the chocolate can get scorched or melt unevenly. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can use a larger pot and a smaller pot. Fill a larger pot about half way with water and then spray the smaller pot with non-stick spray. Add the chocolate and let it melt over medium heat while stirring frequently.
How long are these strawberries good for?
These strawberries are good for about two days in your refrigerator.
Tips for making this recipe
- If you are making these strawberries for Valentine’s Day or a birthday (or even just because) and your strawberries aren’t perfectly ripe, try sprinkling a little powdered sugar over them (about a teaspoon or two) to sweeten them up.
- Use a double boiler to melt the chocolate. You can melt your chocolate in the microwave faster but it often comes out lumpy or scorched. See my note about chocolate above for tips on how to melt chocolate in a double boiler.
- Keep the tops on your strawberries. You can dip the strawberries easier by holding onto the green leaves.
- Make sure you use instant pudding mix for this recipe. Do not prepare the mix.
- These chocolate covered strawberries with Oreos are best the day of but can last for up to two days in your fridge.
- If you’re wondering what to do with leftover pudding mix (besides just pudding), check out this chocolate pudding mix banana bread.
Chocolate Oreo Covered Strawberries
- food processor
- wax paper
- 12 strawberries washed and cleaned
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar optional
- 1 container mini Oreos about 10 regular sized Oreos
- 2 tbsp instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 ounces melting chocolate wafers milk or dark chocolate
- If desired, sprinkle your strawberries with powdered sugar for a sweeter treat or if your strawberries aren't perfectly ripe.
- Lightly spray a sheet of wax paper with non-stick spray and then set aside.
- Run your Oreos through a food processor until they are finely crushed. You do not need to remove the filling, just run them through as is.
- In a mixing bowl add the finely crushed Oreos and 2 tablespoons of pudding mix. Mix well and set aside.
- Preferably in a double boiler, heat and melt your chocolate (stir frequently).
- Dip your strawberries one at a time into the chocolate and then dip in the Oreo and pudding mix right after.
- Set the dipped strawberry on the wax paper to set.
- Continue until all strawberries have been dipped.
- Let them set for 20-30 minutes in the refigerator and then serve.
If you liked this recipe for chocolate Oreo covered strawberries, then you might also like:
- Strawberry Crunch Covered Strawberries
- Chocolate Cherry Crockpot Brownies
- Cookie Butter Rice Crispy Treats
- Domino Cookies