Strawberry crunch covered strawberries are a delicious treat! You can dip the strawberries in vanilla coating or just use butter to keep the crumbles on.
Have you heard of strawberry crunch covered strawberries? They are SO good! I’m sure you’ve seen the strawberry crunch crumble topping for cheesecakes, cakes, or cupcakes, but these are slightly healthier since this recipe involves just strawberries and no cake.
Since we had so many extra strawberries from our local pick your own strawberry farm I was able to make quite a few strawberry crunch strawberries. Just when I thought my kids wouldn’t eat any more strawberries, they ate all of these. These strawberries are also a really fun Valentine’s Day, birthday, or Mother’s Day treat. They are also fantastic for topping cakes, cupcakes, or cheesecakes with.
I’ve also heard of these strawberries being called strawberry shortcake covered strawberries.
🍓 Why you’ll love this recipe
These strawberries remind me of the Good Humor strawberry shortcake popsicles. You’ll love this easy to make strawberry treat!
🍓 What ingredients are needed for this recipe?
To make these strawberry crunch covered strawberries, you will need:
- Strawberries: Red and in season berries are always best.
- Powdered sugar (optional): If you are making these for Valentine’s Day and your strawberries aren’t perfectly ripe try adding a little powdered sugar to sweeten them up.
- Mini Golden Oreos: If you can’t find mini golden Oreos try using about 10-12 regular golden Oreos.
- Butter: You will want to use unsalted butter.
- Strawberry gelatin mix: You’ll want to keep the gelatin (Jello) mix unprepared.
- French vanilla pudding mix: You will want the instant pudding for this recipe.
- White chocolate (optional): If you want to use white chocolate in this recipe, you totally can. You can use white chocolate to make the strawberries less crumbly. I love these strawberries with and without white chocolate. The best white chocolate for this recipe are the melting wafers if you can find them.
- Wax paper
- Cooking spray
⏲️ How to make this recipe (step by step guide)
If desired, sprinkle your strawberries with powdered sugar for a sweeter treat or if your strawberries aren’t perfectly ripe.
Lightly spray a sheet of wax paper or parchment paper with non-stick spray and then set aside (for your strawberries, not the crumble).
Run your mini golden Oreos through a food processor until they are finely crushed.
Add the vanilla pudding and strawberry gelatin mix (unprepared) to your Oreos.
Next, soften your butter over low heat until completely melted.
Dip your strawberries in the butter and then into the crumble.
Repeat until fully coated. Set aside on the wax paper and let set.
Continue until you have dipped all of your strawberries. Let them set for 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator and then serve.
🥡 How to store these strawberries
Once you’ve made your strawberries, you can store them in an airtight container in your refrigerator. They will be good for two days.
👩🏻🍳 Tips for making this recipe
- If you want to make the crumbles stick to the strawberries better, dip the strawberries in melted white chocolate first.
- Use a double boiler to melt the chocolate. Melting it in the microwave is faster but it often comes out lumpy. If you don’t have a double boiler, use a larger pot to heat the water then spray a smaller pot with non-stick spray and melt the chocolate.
- Be sure to use French vanilla instant pudding. French vanilla makes a big difference in this recipe.
- Keep the tops on your strawberries. You can dip them easier by holding the green leaves.
- These strawberries are best the day of but can last for up to two days in your fridge.
Other strawberry crunch and Oreo crunch recipes:
If you tried these Strawberry Crunch Covered Strawberries or any other recipe on my site, please leave a ⭐ rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I would love to hear from you!
Strawberry Crunch Covered Strawberries
- 12 strawberries washed and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar optional
- 1 container mini golden Oreos or 10-12 regular sized golden Oreos
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jello mix (do not prepare the mix)
- 3 tablespoons French vanilla instant pudding mix (do not prepare the mix)
- If desired, sprinkle your strawberries with powdered sugar for a sweeter treat or if your strawberries aren't perfectly ripe.
- Lightly spray a sheet of wax paper or parchment paper with non-stick spray and then set aside (for your strawberries, not the crumble).
- Run your mini golden Oreos through a food processor until they are finely crushed.
- Add the vanilla pudding and strawberry gelatin mix (unprepared) to your Oreos.
- Next, soften your butter over low heat until completely melted.
- Dip your strawberries in the butter and then into the crumble.
- Repeat until fully coated.
- Set aside on the wax paper and let set.
- Continue until you have dipped all of your strawberries.
- Let them set for 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator and then serve.
- (Optional) If you want to make the crumbles stick to the strawberries better try dipping the strawberries in melted vanilla candy coating or white chocolate first.