This Turkey Sensory Bin is such a fun activity to set up for Thanksgiving. It is a quick and inexpensive activity to set up for toddlers and preschoolers!
Disclaimer: Please note that this post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase or sign up for a service.
Sensory bins are one of my favorite activities to set up for my kids. Kids will have a blast scooping, creating, and exploring this turkey sensory bin! It is quick and easy to set up too.
📋 A Note about this activity
Please note that adult supervision is always required for sensory bins as they contain small pieces that could be a choking hazard.
🍁 Why should kids use sensory bins?
Sensory bins are not only very easy to set up but inexpensive too. They are a great way for kids to learn about different themes, work on their fine motor skills and use their imaginations.
🍂 Supplies needed
For this sensory bin, you will need:
- Brown crinkle paper: Also called gift filler paper. You can also use dyed rice, brown or dyed beans, or any other sensory bin filler you like. I like the brown crinkle paper because I was also able to use it in this pizza sensory bin.
- Clear plastic cups: I used two different sizes but you can use two or even three of the same size.
- Eye stickers: My kids love these fun eye stickers from Amazon. They are great for all kinds of crafts.
- Permanent markers: To draw the faces on the cups (for adult use only).
- Fall craft leaves
- Craft feathers
- Small tongs or scoop: For children to fill the turkey cups with. The tongs or scoop are great for developing fine motor skills.
🦃 How to set up
Begin by adding eye stickers and drawing the beak and wattle on your clear plastic cups.
Add the crinkle paper, feathers, and craft leaves. Let your child fill the cups with tongs or a scoop.
💭 Tips for containing the mess
Put a large sheet or tablecloth down before using.
🧡 Other fun sensory bins:
If you tried this Turkey Sensory Bin or any other activity or recipe on my site, please let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I would love to hear from you!
Turkey Sensory Bin
- sensory bin
- brown crinkle paper
- clear plastic cups
- permanent markers adult use only
- eye stickers or googly eyes
- craft feathers
- craft leaves
- tongs or scoops
- Begin by adding eye stickers and drawing the beak and wattle on your clear plastic cups.
- Add the crinkle paper, feathers, and craft leaves. Let your child fill the cups with tongs or a scoop.