This 3 ingredient guacamole is such a simple and delicious guacamole recipe. You won’t believe how easy it is to make!
There is not much better than freshly made guacamole with crunchy tortilla chips. This 3 ingredient guacamole recipe is so easy to make. I love making this as a side for lunch. It is also great for when you’re craving a snack.
This is also a great recipe to use up that one last avocado that’s been hanging out in your kitchen too long. This recipe is fast and easy, what’s not to love about this simple guacamole?
For this recipe, you will need just three ingredients:
- Avocado: You will need one large avocado that gives into your touch. If your avocado is too firm the guacamole won’t be as good.
- Lime: You can use a fresh lime or you can also use bottled lime juice.
- Garlic salt: To season the guacamole with.
Nothing fancy is needed for this basic guacamole. You will need a large bowl, a fork to mash the avocados with, and a spoon.
Remove the peel and pits from your avocados then add them to a large bowl. Use a fork to mash them.
Add the lime juice and garlic salt (add more to taste, if needed) and stir well.
Serve with tortilla chips.
If you want to take this recipe beyond three ingredients, you totally can. Some ideas include:
- Add some chopped tomato.
- Add some diced red onion.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Be sure to use soft avocados. They should give in when you touch them.
How to store leftovers
Store any leftovers in an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap in your fridge. Guacamole will be good for three days after making.
If your guacamole looks brown that is because the avocados have oxidized. Give the guacamole a good stir and it well help it return to a green color.
Other dip and guacamole recipes:
3 Ingredient Guacamole
- large bowl
- 1 large avocado The avocado should give when touched but still be a little firm.
- ¾ tablespoon lime juice fresh or bottled both work
- 1 pinch garlic salt or more to taste
- Remove the peel and pits from your avocados then add them to a large bowl. Use a fork to mash them.
- Add the lime juice and garlic salt (add more to taste, if needed) and stir well.
- Serve with tortilla chips.