Love guacamole but hate onions? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered with this easy and delicious recipe for guacamole without onions. It is the perfect dip for your next party or potluck!
Guacamole is one of my favorite dips. I’m lucky that here in Texas we usually have tons of avocados at our grocery stores. This guacamole recipe without onions is creamy, delicious, and goes great with crunchy tortilla chips.
This is a wonderful dip to make as a side for taco Tuesday, game days, parties, or just whenever you’re craving some chips and dip.
For this recipe, you will need:
- Avocados: You will need three large avocados for this recipe. The avocados should give in to your touch but still be a little firm. If you are using small avocados, use four.
- Grape tomatoes: You’ll need ¾ cup of grape tomatoes cut into quarters.
- Fresh cilantro: Washed with the stems removed and then chopped.
- Garlic powder and salt: To season the guacamole with.
- Small lime: You will need the juice of one small lime. If you only have bottled on hand use about one tablespoon.
- Jalapeño pepper (optional): For a little spice. I recommend removing the seeds unless you want tons of spice.
You will need a fork to mash the avocados with an a large bowl.
How to make
Slice your avocados in half and remove the seed and peel. Mash the avocados with a fork. Next, quarter your grape tomatoes and then mix them in.
Wash your cilantro and pat dry. Remove the stems and finely chop it. Add the cilantro into the mixture with the garlic and salt to taste.
Add the juice of the lime then stir well and serve.
- Add a jalapeño with the seeds removed for a little spice.
- Use a small lime, not a large lime. If using bottled lime juice, you’ll need about one tablespoon.
- Add salt to taste. I recommend using sea salt.
How to store leftovers
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in your fridge. It will be good for up to three days after making.
If your guacamole looks brown that is because the avocados have oxidized. Give the guacamole a good stir and it well help it return to a green color.
Other dip recipes:
Guacamole without Onions
- large bowl
- 3 large avocados The avocados should give in to your touch but still be a little firm. See note for small avocados*
- ¾ cup grape tomatoes quartered
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1 small lime
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt to taste
- 1 jalapeño (optional) diced with the seeds removed
- Slice your avocados in half and remove the seed and peel. Mash the avocados with a fork.
- Next, quarter your grape tomatoes and then mix them in.
- Wash your cilantro and pat dry. Remove the stems and finely chop it. Add the cilantro into the mixture with the garlic and salt to taste.
- Add the juice of the lime then stir well and serve.