These Christmas Monster Cookies are loaded with tons of yummy oats, peanut butter, M&Ms and more! They are the perfect Christmas treat to make this holiday season.
💭 Why you’ll love this recipe
I have been testing cookie recipes almost every week lately (I have a ton of Cookie Recipes here). These Christmas monster cookies recipe took a little experimenting to finalize. I know that the holiday season can be incredibly stressful and it’s nice to have an easy go-to cookie recipe that doesn’t need any chill time!
🥣 Ingredients needed
For these cookies, you will need:
- Sugar and brown sugar
- Butter: I recommend using unsalted butter when making cookies. This will allow you to control the amount of salt going into the dough (salt content varies brand to brand) and salted butter has more water content than unsalted butter which will effect your results.
- Vanilla extract: If possible, I recommend using pure vanilla extract for baking.
- Peanut butter: I recommend using a smooth or creamy peanut butter (not crunchy). I do not recommend using a natural style peanut butter as the consistency is very difficult to mix into the dough.
- Baking soda
- Quick oats
- Green and red M&Ms
- Chocolate chips
- Try adding white chocolate chips, pecans, walnuts, or raisins to these. They are very versatile.
⏲️ Recipe instructions (step by step guide)
Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (not wax paper) or grease it well.
In a large mixing bowl, cream together the sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and softened butter.
Next, mix in the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips and M&Ms. Mix until well combined (do not over-mix).
Stir in the chocolate chips and M&Ms.
Form rounded dough balls (about 3 tablespoons) and bake for 13 to 15 minutes. Be sure to leave room for the cookies to spread some. Let them rest for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- You may want to adjust based on how salty your peanut butter is (peanut butter usually has a bit of sodium).
- I recommend using smooth or creamy peanut butter and not a chunky peanut butter for the best results.
- Soften your butter to room temperature. Do not melt the butter or use cold butter.
🥡 How to store leftovers
Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. The cookies will be good for up to four days after baking.
📋 Recipe FAQs
Monster cookies got their name from the big mix of ingredients needed to make them. It is a mash up of so many different cookies (peanut butter, oatmeal, M&Ms, chocolate chip, etc).
You may have flat cookies due to several reasons. The most common mistakes are that your butter is too warm, you over-mixed the dough, or you didn’t add enough flour or oats.
Cookie monster flavor is the combination of peanut butter, M&Ms, chocolate chips, and wholesome oats.
To freeze, form cookie dough balls and add to a freezer safe storage container. When ready to bake, you can bake from frozen and add 2-3 minutes to your bake time.
Other great cookie recipes:
If you tried these Monster Christmas Cookies or any other recipe on my site, please leave a ⭐ rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I would love to hear from you!
Christmas Monster Cookies
- Large mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar dark or light
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter *
- ¼ teaspoon salt **
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 4 ½ cups quick oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 ¼ cup red and green candies such as M&Ms
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (not wax paper) or grease it well.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and softened butter.1 cup sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, ½ cup unsalted butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Next, mix in the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips and M&Ms. Mix until well combined (do not over-mix).3 large eggs, 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter, ¼ teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons baking soda, ¼ cup all purpose flour, 4 ½ cups quick oats
- Stir in the chocolate chips and M&Ms.1 cup chocolate chips, 1 ¼ cup red and green candies
- Form rounded dough balls (about 3 tablespoons) and bake for 13 to 15 minutes. Be sure to leave room for the cookies to spread some. Let them rest for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. They will finish baking on the sheet.