Make your favorite soup from Jason’s Deli at home with this easy copycat recipe.
If you’re looking for a simple but absolutely delicious tomato soup recipe then you’ll love this copycat Jason’s Deli tomato soup. This tomato soup goes great with a sandwich (especially a nice grilled cheese) or a fresh green salad. I love making this for lunch. I can have one my Jason’s Deli favorites for a fraction of the price at home.
Jason’s Deli is such a great place to grab lunch from. I personally love Jason’s Deli. Their awesome salad bar is one of my favorite things there but this tomato soup is a close second. If you’re a Jason’s fan then this recipe is a must. It is seriously so easy to make.
What do you need to make this copycat Jason’s Deli tomato soup?
This recipe is pretty simple so check your pantry or start writing your grocery list because you will need:
- Unsalted butter
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic
- Yellow onion
- Tomato paste
- Heavy cream
- Canned whole tomatoes
- Vegetable stock or broth
- Dried basil
- Salt and pepper
What equipment do I need to make this recipe?
You will need a large pot or dutch oven as well as immersion blender. If you do not have an immersion blender, let your soup cool and then run it through your food processor.
Other recipe notes
Since this soup recipe is homemade and not made in a commercial kitchen, you may need to experiment with adding more or less salt and pepper, heavy cream, or basil depending on your personal taste.
Copycat Jason’s Deli Tomato Soup
- Food processor or immersion blender
- Large cooking pot or dutch oven
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 carrot grated
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 yellow onion finely diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 cans whole tomatoes (about 28 ounces) do not drain
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot or dutch oven combine butter, olive oil, garlic, carrots, and onion.
- Sauté on medium heat for five minutes before adding the tomato paste, whole tomatoes, and broth.
- Bring the soup to a boil and then reduce to a simmer before adding basil, salt and pepper and heavy cream.
- Let the soup simmer for at least 30 minutes and then use an immersion blender or let the soup cool and transfer the soup to a regular blender and blend until the soup is a creamy consistency.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. If you have any other copycat requests from Jason’s Deli, please let me know in the comments below.