This crockpot chipotle chicken chili is bursting with flavors and brings a little heat. You can adjust how spicy the chili is by adding more or less chipotle pepper.
I’m a firm believer that the crockpot is one of the most underutilized kitchen gadgets out there. I use mine all the time. I love how quickly I can toss everything in my crockpot and then let it simmer all day. This is a very minimal prep recipe so it’s perfect to put together before a busy morning. It’s so awesome that you in just minutes you can have an awesome meal simmering away. If desired, you can dice the onion and bell pepper the night before to make putting this recipe together even faster.
Why you’ll love this recipe
This is an easy toss and go crockpot recipe. You can also adjust the heat level by using more or less chipotle peppers.
What ingredients do I need to make this chili?
- Olive oil
- Yellow onion
- Red bell pepper
- Green bell pepper
- Kidney beans
- White beans
- Canned diced tomatoes
- Chicken breast or chicken thighs
- Chili powder
- Canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (7 ounces)
- Chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
What type of chicken should I use in this chili recipe?
For the chicken, you can use chicken breast or chicken thighs. I prefer to use chicken thighs when slow cooking since they tend to be less dry. I don’t think you can wrong either way with this recipe though so use what you have on hand.
What should I serve with this chili?
I love to serve this crockpot chipotle chicken chili with yellow cake mix cornbread. The combination of sweet and a little spicy is amazing. You can also serve this with corn chips or oyster crackers. I like to top this crockpot chipotle chili with a little cheddar and sour cream.
Is this chili spicy?
This chili does have some heat. You can adjust how spicy the chili is by adding more or less chipotle pepper.
Other chicken crockpot recipes that you might like:
If you tried this Crockpot Chipotle Chicken Chili or any other recipe on my site, please leave a ⭐ rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I would love to hear from you!
Crockpot Chipotle Chicken Chili
- food processor
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 can dark red kidney beans
- 1 can white beans such as cannellini or great northern beans
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 pound chicken breasts or thighs cut into small bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (7 ounces)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by spraying your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Add the olive oil, onions, bell pepper, garlic and chicken.
- Next rinse and drain your beans and add to your slow cooker.
- Add the diced tomatoes including the juice.
- Add the chicken and then add the chicken stock.
- Next, run your chipotle peppers with adobo sauce through a food processor until it comes out very fine and mashed. If you want a spicier chili then add the entire can. If you would prefer a less spicy chili then only add half.
- Add the salt and pepper, chili powder, paprika, and cumin.
- Stir well and then cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.