This yellow cake mix corn bread is my absolute favorite way to make corn bread. This is great recipe for people who love sweet corn bread!
This corn bread is moist, sweet, and fluffy. It is seriously delicious. Since this corn bread uses cake mix, be prepared for a sweet corn bread. If you like a sweet corn bread then you’ll love this recipe!
This recipe makes a lot so it’s the perfect recipe if you’ve got a big family to feed, have guests coming over, or if you need a potluck recipe.
For this cake mix corn bread, you will need:
- Boxed yellow cake mix: I used Duncan Hines but you can use whatever your favorite brand is.
- Honey: Just a little bit to give the sweetness some depth.
- Corn bread mix: You’ll need two packets of corn bread mix (about 6 ounces each).
- Eggs: You’ll need 4 large eggs
- Milk: I used whole milk.
- Vegetable oil: You can also substitute canola oil.
How to make
Begin by spraying a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick spray
Stir everything well and then mix with a hand mixer for 3 to 4 minutes or until everything is smooth.
Pour the mixture into the 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.
What to serve with this corn bread
Other yellow cake mix hacks
Using yellow cake mix is seriously one of my favorite cooking hacks. I also love to use yellow cake mix to make this banana bread and this peach pie coffee cake! It makes cooking so much more easier. If you ever find yellow cake mix on sale at your grocery store, snatch some up! It’s great to keep on hand.
How to store leftovers
Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature. Leftovers will be good for up to four days after making.
If you would like to freeze any leftovers, double wrap the corn bread in aluminum foil and place in your freezer. It will be good for up to six months in your freezer.
If you liked this recipe, you might also enjoy:
Yellow Cake Mix Corn Bread
- 9 x 13 baking pan
- 1 box yellow cake mix (completely ignore the instructions on the box)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 packages corn bread mix (about 6 ounces each) (completely ignore the instructions on the package)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- Begin by spraying a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick spray
- Stir everything well and then mix with a hand mixer for 3 to 4 minutes or until everything is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.