These crockpot Dr. Pepper beef tacos are a real crowd pleaser. Just to warn you, this recipe makes a lot! If you don’t have a lot of people to feed, you can always freeze the leftovers since they freeze well.
I love making these crockpot Dr. Pepper beef tacos with a side of Mexican street corn salad. Despite, the Dr. Pepper these beef tacos aren’t overly sweet, they’re a little smoky and spicy thanks to the chipotles. If you want to up the spice level you could always throw in a seeded jalapeño.
This is a great recipe for a party, especially a Superbowl party, or for tailgating.
Crockpot Dr. Pepper Beef Tacos
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Beef Chuck Roast
- 1 7 ounce can Chipotles in Adobe Sauce
- 1 12 ounce can Dr. Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 8 ounces Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- Tortillas flour or corn
- Begin by lining your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Take your chuck roast and trim any excess fat.
- Spread the diced white onion on the bottom of your slow cooker and then place the chuck roast in as well.
- Rub your roast with the minced garlic and then add the other ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Slice and saute the onion in olive oil until they are soft.
- Shred the meat and serve over flour or corn tortillas.
- Add onions, salsa, and any other toppings you'd like.