This peach and walnut coffee cake is so easy to make with a box of yellow cake mix. This scrumptious coffee cake is sure to impress!
I love using a basic yellow cake mix to make the most delicious things (like these cake mix banana muffins, yellow cake mix banana bread, and these cake mix peanut butter cookies). One of my favorite uses for yellow cake mix is this delicious peach and walnut coffee cake. This cake is moist, not overly sweet and a tasty treat to serve your friends and family.
I love to make this recipe for guests, potlucks, or cut it into slices and bring it for my neighbors to enjoy. This recipe is made beautifully in a bundt cake pan. It is also sometimes called peach pie coffee cake since the recipe calls for a can of peach pie filling.
⭐ Why you’ll love this recipe
This is an easy coffee cake that uses a box of yellow cake mix. It is quick and easy with just a few ingredients needed!
🍰 What is coffee cake?
Coffee cake is well, any cake that is meant to be eaten with coffee or hot tea. It is thought the concept of coffee cake was originally brought over to the US from Germany.
Most coffee cake recipes are pretty easy to make and are meant to be served with hot coffee or tea. This peach and walnut coffee cake is really easy to make.
🍑 Ingredients needed
To make this peach and walnut coffee cake, you will need:
- Yellow cake mix
- Lemon extract
- Canned peach pie filling
- Brown sugar
🥣 What kind of pan do I need for this recipe?
For this recipe, I recommend using a bundt cake pan.
You can substitute the peach pie filling for apple pie filling, if needed.
⏲️ Recipe Instructions
Begin by either carefully cutting your peach pie filling into smaller chunks or running it through your food processor on a low setting. Be careful not to cut the pieces too small.
Set the peach pie filling aside, and then in a large mixing bowl combine the yellow cake mix, lemon extract, eggs, brown sugar, and melted butter (be sure to cool your butter so it doesn’t scramble the eggs).
Mix well with a hand mixer for two to three minutes or until well mixed. Gently stir in the peach pie filling and walnuts with a large spoon. Spray your bundt cake pan with non-stick spray and cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
🧾 Recipe Tips and Notes
- Grease your pan well.
- You can run your peach pie filling through a food processor or use a knife to chop it.
Other great recipes:
If you tried this Peach and Walnut Coffee Cake or any other recipe on my site, please leave a ⭐ rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I would love to hear from you!
Peach and Walnut Coffee Cake
- Bundt cake pan
- 1 package yellow cake mix (completely ignore the directions and other ingredients on the box)
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 can peach pie filling (about 21 ounces)
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter melted and cooled
- Begin by either carefully cutting your peach pie filling into smaller chunks or running it through your food processor on a low setting. Be careful not to cut the pieces too small, just into bite size pieces.
- Melt your butter and set aside to cool so it does not scramble the eggs.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl combine the yellow cake mix, eggs, lemon extract, brown sugar, and melted butter.
- Mix well with a hand mixer for two to three minutes or until well mixed. Gently stir in the peach pie filling and walnuts with a large spoon.
- Spray your bundt cake pan with non-stick spray and cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.