This Halloween bat craft is perfect for kids, especially preschoolers! It uses a repurposed oatmeal container and there are also bat wings you can download and print to complete the craft.
Affiliates Disclaimer: Please note that this post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase or sign up for a service. There is no extra cost to you.
Halloween will be here soon. I am actually the crazy person in your neighborhood who drinks a pumpkin spice latte the first day it comes out and puts all of their fall and Halloween decorations up on September 1st.
I actually grew up in a pretty remote area so I never really experienced Halloween as a child. As a child, we also never had any trick or treaters at the house because it was just too far out. The closest grocery store was at least 20 minute away!
I think this explains why I go all out for holidays. I’m really lucky to now live in a neighborhood that goes all out for holidays.
My kids love the decorations we have on our porch so I thought it would be fun to do some Halloween crafts with my kids. It is pretty simple to do and my kids were really proud of their bats.
For this craft, you will need:
- An empty oatmeal container
- Pipe cleaner
- Dot sticker
- Bat wings template (see below)
- Black paint
- Googly eyes
- Hot glue gun (for adults only)
How to do this craft
- To make this craft, begin by painting your oatmeal container black. We used non-toxic washable black paint. It took two coats to completely cover the container.
- Next, print the bat wings (see below). Color them in with crayon or markers then cut them out for your child.
- Take your hot glue gun add at googly eyes, the pipe cleaner on top for an antenna, and the wings on the back. Let the glue cool.
- Add the dot sticker for the nose (I cut ours in half) and then display your bat somewhere!
How to download and print the bat wings
To download and print these printable bat wings, click the download button below. This PDF is free for personal use only, absolutely no commercial reproduction of any kind is allowed.
The printable should be printed in black and white on landscape setting.
If you enjoyed this Halloween craft, you might also want to check out:
- Halloween Ghost Craft
- Free Halloween Scavenger Hunt
- Halloween Word Scramble
- Witch Hat Printable
- Ghost Template
If you enjoyed this craft, don’t forget to share it or save it for later with Pinterest!