This Halloween ghost craft is so much fun for kids. It also uses recycled items!
Affiliates Disclaimer: Please note that this post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase or sign up for a service. There is no extra cost to you.
Fall is my favorite time of year. I love the cooler weather, pumpkin spice everything, and of course Halloween. I am that crazy person in your neighborhood who puts up all of their fall and Halloween decorations September 1st!
This Halloween ghost craft is made from recycled items. I do want to caution and say that since this craft uses a plastic bag, that this is not for young children since plastic bags can be a suffocation hazard.
This craft is best for older children or you could also use white streamers or white ribbon in place of repurposing a plastic grocery store bag.
For this craft you will need:
- Egg carton
- Plastic bag: This can be a hazard for young children, so only do this craft with older children OR you could replace and use white ribbon or white streamers.
- White paint: We used this non-toxic paint.
- Googly eyes
- Black marker: To make the mouth.
- Hot glue: For adults to add the googly eyes and plastic bag strips or streamers at the bottom.
How to make this craft
- To make this craft, begin by cutting out your egg shells.
- Next, paint them white and let them dry. We used this non-toxic paint.
- Cut a white plastic grocery bag into strips. This can be a suffocation hazard for young children, so only use with older children OR you can also use white ribbon or streamers instead.
- Add the mouth with a black marker.
- Glue the googly eyes on.
- Inside of the egg carton shell, add the plastic bag strips with glue.
- If desired, poke a hole through the top and add string.