Make this amazingly delicious Instant Pot teriyaki salmon for dinner tonight! It is not only tasty, but so fast and easy to make in your pressure cooker.
As a busy mom, I’m all about my kitchen gadgets. I absolutely love my Instant Pot, it makes dinner time a breeze. This Instant Pot teriyaki salmon is perfect for a busy weeknight. You can have dinner on the table in mere minutes.
Salmon is something that I always grab when it’s on sale. Not only is it healthy, but it always comes out awesome in my pressure cooker. The nice thing about this recipe is that you can use fresh or frozen salmon. There’s no need to worry if you’ve defrosted your fish or not!
- Salmon: You’ll need about 10 ounces of salmon.
- Teriyaki sauce: Use your favorite brand.
- Brown sugar: This gives the salmon and teriyaki a deeper flavor.
- Ground ginger and garlic powder: To season the fish.
- Salt and pepper: I recommend doing salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Water: For the pressure cooker.
You will also need your Instant Pot’s trivet (the rack that goes inside).
Can I use frozen salmon?
Yes, you can use frozen salmon in this recipe. If using frozen, increase the cook time to 5 minutes total. There is no need to defrost the fish.
What side dishes go with this recipe?
I love serving steamed broccoli and brown rice with the salmon.
How to make
Mix the teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic powder together.
Add one cup of water to your Instant Pot. Set the trivet inside of the Instant Pot. Add the salmon.
Pour over the teriyaki salmon, reserving about 3 to 4 tablespoons for serving.
Secure the Instant Pot lid. Turn the pressure release valve to sealing. Next, use your manual setting to cook on high pressure for 3 minutes (cook for 5 minutes if using frozen salmon).
When the cooking cycle is complete, quickly turn the pressure release valve to venting to release the pressure.
Serve with extra teriyaki sauce on top.
Other recipes, you might also like:
- Crockpot Bruschetta Chicken
- Instant Pot Lemon Rosemary Chicken Thighs
- Sheet Pan Chicken Drumsticks
- Sheet Pan Salmon and Bok Choy
Instant Pot Teriyaki Salmon
- Instant Pot
- 10 ounces salmon fresh or frozen
- ¾ cup teriyaki sauce use your favorite brand
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- Mix the teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic powder together.
- Add one cup of water to your Instant Pot. Set the trivet inside of the Instant Pot. Add the salmon.
- Pour over the teriyaki salmon, reserving about 3 to 4 tablespoons for serving.
- Secure the Instant Pot lid. Turn the pressure release valve to sealing. Next, use your manual setting to cook on high pressure for 3 minutes (cook for 5 minutes if using frozen salmon).
- When the cooking cycle is complete, quickly turn the pressure release valve to venting to release the pressure.
- Serve with extra teriyaki sauce on top.
If you liked this recipe, don’t forget to share it or save it for later with Pinterest!
Teriyaki is one of my favorites, so easy to make and so much flavor. Yum!
So simple and delicious!
So delicious and I loved how easy it was.
I love everything Teriyaki! So delicious!
The Instant Pot is my favorite way to cook. This salmon comes out great!
love the flavors of this salmon! Its a family favorite!
I’ve been intimidated to use my new pressure cooker, so thank you for such a simple, flavorful recipe.
This has become a family favorite for us.
Teriyaki is a great flavor for salmon! YUM!
Great recipe!! So easy to make.
This looks so good!