This Instant Pot Cod is so easy to make! You can have a delicious main dish for your dinner in mere minutes.
As a busy mom, I love using my Instant Pot to make dinner. Cod is a super easy fish to cook and this Instant Pot Cod is so easy to make, especially for a busy weeknight dinner.
💛 Why you’ll love this recipe
This recipe is so fast and easy to make. No defrosting is required either!
🥣 Ingredients needed
This recipe is super simple and you only need a few ingredients:
- Frozen cod: I recommend using frozen cod for the Instant Pot. Fresh cod will flake more than frozen.
- Lemon juice: You can use fresh or bottled lemon juice.
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried thyme: The seasonings for the fish.
⏲️ Recipe instructions (step by step guide)
Place the trivet (wire rack) inside of your Instant Pot and add water (image 1).
Add your cod to the trivet. Make sure the pieces are separated from each other. Add lemon juice and seasonings to fish (image 2).
Secure the lid to your Instant Pot. Turn the valve to sealing pressure.
Select pressure cook (or manual cook) and cook at high pressure for 3 minutes. You may want to increase to 4 minutes if you have a very thick fish.
Once the cooking cycle is complete, carefully do a quick release.
🥗 What to serve with this recipe
- I recommend using frozen cod for this recipe. Fresh tends to fall apart in the Instant Pot.
🥡 How to store leftovers
Store any leftover fish in your fridge in an airtight container. I recommend using within 2 days of cooking to ensure freshness.
📋 Recipe FAQs
Yes, the Instant Pot is great for cooking frozen fish. It is a great way to get dinner on the table quick and the fish will turn out very succulent!
Other Instant Pot recipes:
If you tried this Instant Pot Cod or any other recipe on my site, please leave a ⭐ rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I would love to hear from you!
Instant Pot Cod
- Instant Pot (pressure cooker) 6 quart
- 2 cod fillets frozen
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh or bottled
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 pinch pepper or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup water
- Place the trivet (wire rack) inside of your Instant Pot and add water. *1 cup water
- Add your cod to the trivet. Make sure the pieces are separated from each other.2 cod fillets
- Add lemon juice and seasonings to fish.1 tablespoon lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon salt, 1 pinch pepper, ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- Secure the lid to your Instant Pot. Turn the valve to sealing pressure.
- Select pressure cook (or manual cook) and cook at high pressure for 3 minutes. You may want to increase to 4 minutes if you have a very thick fish.
- Once the cooking cycle is complete, carefully do a quick release.