These Jumbo Banana Muffins are a delicious, bakery style muffin. They are SO easy to make and smell amazing while they bake!
Disclaimer: Please note that this post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase or sign up for a service at no extra cost to you.
The jumbo muffin recipes are coming! I recently made these jumbo corn muffins and my next recipe were these amazing jumbo banana muffins! They are a delicious bakery style banana muffin and best of all they are super easy to make too.
💭 Why you’ll love this recipe
This is an easy one bowl recipe. You can have fresh, bakery style jumbo banana muffins in just minutes. Plus, these muffins also smell amazing while they bake.
🍌 Ingredients needed
For this recipe, you will need:
- Ripe bananas: You will need three large bananas (about 1 ½ cups of mashed bananas).
- Butter: I recommend using unsalted so you can control the amount of salt going into the recipes. If you only have salted butter on hand, leave out the extra salt.
- Sour cream: You can also substitute plain Greek yogurt.
- All purpose flour
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Cinnamon and nutmeg: To give the banana muffins a little spice.
Add chocolate chips, walnuts, or raisins, if you like.
🔪 Equipment needed
You will need a jumbo muffin tin and jumbo muffin liners.
⏲️ Recipe instructions (step by step guide)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
In large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the nuts. Mix until well combined with a hand or stand mixer (image 1).
Stir in the nuts with a large spoon (image 2).
Pour the batter into a jumbo muffin tin either greased well or lined with cupcake liners. Fill until about ⅔rds full (image 3). You may have a little extra batter leftover. Do not overfill.
Bake 23 to 26 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.
- Do not overfill the muffin tins or they might leak to the bottom of your oven. You may have a few tablespoons of leftover batter in your bowl.
- You can leave out the nuts, if you like.
🥡 How to store leftovers
Store any muffins in an airtight container at room temperature. They will be good for four days after baking. To freeze, double wrap in aluminum foil. They will be good in your freezer for up to three months.
📋 Recipe FAQs
A jumbo muffin makes size oversized muffins instead of 12 regular ones. It is about 2.5 large than a regular muffin. Jumbo muffins are often seen in bakeries and coffee shops.
Jumbo muffins measure about 2 ½ inches tall. They are a larger muffin that you often see at coffee shops and bakeries.
Any where from a little spotty to going completely dark will work. If they are yellow, they may not be ripe enough.
It is not necessary to refrigerate banana muffins. They will keep at room temperature just fine.
Other muffin recipes:
If you tried these Jumbo Banana Muffins or any other recipe on my site, please leave a ⭐ rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I would love to hear from you!
Jumbo Banana Muffins
- Jumbo muffin tin
- Jumbo Muffin Liners
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 large ripe bananas mashed with a fork (about 1 ½ cups of mashed banana)
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- ½ cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the nuts. Mix until well combined with a hand or stand mixer.
- Stir in the nuts with a large spoon.
- Pour the batter into a jumbo muffin tin either greased well or lined with cupcake liners. Fill until about ⅔rds full. You may have a little extra batter leftover. Do not overfill.
- Bake 23 to 26 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.