These cake mix banana muffins use just a few ingredients. They are a light and fluffy muffin loaded with yummy banana flavor!
These cake mix banana muffins are so easy to make. They are so light and fluffy with just the right amount of sweetness and banana. Using a box of cake mix is my favorite way to make banana bread too. Some of my other favorites are this yellow cake mix banana bread, spice cake banana bread, and chocolate cake mix banana bread.
These banana muffins are perfect for using up those bananas that have been sitting on your counter too long. They make for a wonderful snack or breakfast.
For these muffins, you will need:
- Yellow cake mix: You will need one box of yellow cake mix for this recipe. Don’t worry about the instructions or the ingredients on the box.
- Cinnamon and nutmeg: To give the muffins a little spice.
- Butter: I used unsalted but if you like a little salt, salted will work just fine in this recipe.
- Eggs: You will need three large eggs.
- Vanilla extract
- Milk: You can also substitute water.
- Bananas: You will need three ripe bananas (this was about one and a half cups of mashed bananas for me).
You will need a large mixing bowl, mixer, a muffin tin, and cupcake liners.
Recipe instructions (step by step guide)
Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
In a mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients together. Stir well.
Add the remaining wet ingredients.
Mix well then pour into a lined muffin tin. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.
- You can add walnuts or pecans to make these banana nut muffins, if desired.
- Use your mixer to mash your bananas.
How to store leftovers
Store any leftover muffins in an airtight container at room temperature. They will be good for up to four days after baking.
Other cake mix recipes:
- Yellow Cake Mix Banana Bread
- Spice Cake Mix Banana Bread
- Chocolate Cake Mix Banana Bread
- Cake Mix Monster Cookies
- Cake Mix Oatmeal Cookies
Cake Mix Banana Muffins
- Large mixing bowl
- Muffin tin
- 3 ripe bananas mashed with a fork or your mixer
- 1 box of yellow cake mix (ignore the directions on the box)
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup butter melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup milk
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients together. Stir well.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients.
- Mix well then pour into a lined muffin tin. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.
Leave a Reply