This simple crockpot recipe for pulled pork tacos is a great addition to your weeknight meal rotation or an easy fix to feed a crowd. These pulled pork tacos are so easy to make you can just toss everything in your crockpot or slow cooker and then serve with fixings with tortillas.
What ingredients do I need to make this recipe?
To make these crockpot pulled pork tacos, you’ll need:
- Olive oil
- Pork butt
- Cinnamon sticks
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Chicken broth or stock
- Salt and pepper
- Corn or flour tortillas
What toppings go with these tacos?
These tacos go great with a little salsa either red or green. Diced tomatoes, sauteed onion, and cilantro are also great toppings for these tacos.
What sides go with this recipe?
They are great on their own or can be served with fresh guacamole and queso. Borracho beans are also a great side to serve with these pulled pork tacos. Another great recipe that goes well with these tacos is Mexican street corn salad.
Do the tacos taste sweet since there is cola?
Since the recipes calls for both a can of cola and sweetened condensed milk there is a sweetness to the pork, but it isn’t overwhelming. The flavors compliment each other well.
What size crockpot do I need for this recipe?
For these crockpot pulled pork tacos you will need a 6 quart or larger crockpot.
Can I freeze the leftovers?
You can freeze the leftover meat. I recommend adding a little diced red onion in with the meat. To freeze, let your meat cool and then add it to a freezer safe plastic storage bag with some diced red onion. To cook these from frozen, let the meat defrost overnight. Add the meat and onion mixture to a hot skillet and saute for a few minutes.
This pulled pork also makes for excellent nachos if you want to re-purpose your leftovers!
Other recipe notes
If you wish to have a carnitas style tacos, saute your meat in a hot skillet for a few minutes until it is crispy.
The Best EVER Crockpot Pulled Pork Tacos
- 6 quart or larger crockpot (slow cooker)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small pork butt
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can cola
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth or stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- red onion sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Roma tomatoes
- cilantro cleaned and chopped
- tortillas corn or flour
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil to your crockpot along with minced garlic and cinnamon sticks.
- Remove any excess fat from the pork butt and discard.
- Add two pinches of salt and pepper to the pork butt before adding it to the crockpot.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, cola, and chicken broth to the crockpot before covering with lid.
- Cook on low heat for six to eight hours.
- Shred pork by pulling apart with two forks once it has finished cooking.
- To serve, sauté onions in a skillet with two tablespoons of olive oil until caramelized.
- Add the pulled pork with sautéed onions, diced tomatoes, cilantro, and salsa over a warm flour or corn tortilla.
Need more slow cooker recipes? Be sure to join our Slow Cooker and Crockpot Recipe group on Facebook for more recipes and cooking inspiration.
If you loved this crockpot pulled pork tacos recipe, you might also like:
- The BIG List of Crockpot Dinner Ideas
- Crockpot Dr. Pepper Beef Tacos
- Mean Green Crockpot Queso
- Crockpot Cilantro Lime Pulled Chicken Tacos
- Crockpot Chipotle Chicken Thighs
- Easy Creamy Green Avocado Dip
- Crockpot Borracho Beans