This copycat Outback mac and cheese is so easy to make at home. It is the perfect side dish for a weeknight dinner or great to make for holiday meals too!
My youngest child is two years old and she absolutely loves the Mac A Roo and cheese at Outback. She ate so much macaroni and cheese last time we went that I knew that I had to make a copycat version at home!
Whenever my kids find something they like (for example, my son loves these copycat Cheddar’s carrots) it’s always a win for me. Toddlers can be so picky. This mac and cheese is also so easy to make and only takes about 30 minutes.
I have seen other copycat recipes for this mac and cheese but they are quite plain. While this is a very mild mac and cheese (just like the original) there are a few ingredients that give this a restaurant quality taste.
What goes well with this recipe?
What ingredients are needed for this recipe?
To make this recipe, you will need:
- Pasta: I used cellentani but I have also seen penne used at the restaurant before.
- Shredded cheddar: I used mild cheddar.
- Velveeta cheese: You’ll want to cut it into small pieces so that it melts evenly.
- Paprika: To season our macaroni and cheese, just a little bit.
- Half and half: You can also substitute whole milk.
- Salt and pepper: I usually always recommend salt and pepper to taste.
Copycat Outback Mac and Cheese (Mac A Roo & Cheese)
- 2 cups pasta I used cellentani but I have also seen penne used at the restaurant before
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup half and half
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook your pasta according to the instructions on the box and then drain.
- Cut your Velveeta into small pieces.
- Spray a large or medium size cooking pot with non-stick spray and then add the Velveeta, shredded cheese, and half and half.
- Cook on low.
- Add the paprika and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well.
- Cook on low until the cheese is completely melted and then stir in the pasta.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also like:
- Copycat Cheddar’s Carrots
- Copycat Steakhouse Style Molasses Bread
- Copycat Outback Ranch Dressing
- Copycat Outback Alice Springs Chicken
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Carrots
- Copycat Outback Honey Mustard Dressing