These rice crispy treats with olive oil are a great way to make rice crispy treats! The olive oil gives them a light and slightly nutty flavor.
We make a lot of rice crispy treats at our house (like these cookie butter rice crispy treats and these marshmallow fluff rice crispy treats). They are just so good! I’m always up for trying out a new rice crispy treat recipe with different ingredients. I really like the olive oil in these, they are lighter than regular rice crispy treats and have a slightly nutty flavor to them.
These rice crispy treats are a great recipe to keep on hand if you’re out of butter. They’re the perfect easy to make dessert!
Why you’ll love these rice crispy treats
These rice crispy treats are light, airy, with a hint of nuttiness from the olive oil. They’re also so easy to make.
For this recipe, you will need:
- Olive oil: I recommend using a high quality extra virgin olive oil.
- Mini marshmallows: You will need one bag of mini marshmallows (about 10.5 ounces).
- Rice cereal: Such as Rice Krispies.
- Salt: Some rice crispy treats don’t call for salt because they use salted butter. Since this recipe uses olive oil and not butter, I definitely recommend adding a little bit of salt.
- Vanilla extract: I recommend using pure vanilla extra.
You will need a large pot, large mixing bowl, and a 9 x 13 inch dish.
Recipe instructions (step by step guide)
Begin by greasing a 9 x 13 inch pan and set it aside. In a large bowl add the rice cereal and one cup of the mini marshmallows (image 1).
In a large pot, heat the remaining mini marshmallows with the olive oil. Stir on low until well combined. Add in the vanilla extract and salt. Stir again. Add the melted mixture to the rice cereal and mini marshmallows in your large mixing bowl (image 2).
Fold in and then transfer to your 9 x 13 pan. Spread the mixture as evenly as possible (image 3). Try to avoid pushing down too hard or it will make the treats tough.
Let the treats sit out for one hour before cutting and serving.
- Don’t press down too much on your rice crispy treats. This will make them hard.
- Use a high quality extra virgin olive oil for these treats.
How to store leftovers
Do not refrigerate these treats. Keep them in an airtight container at room temperature. They will be good for up to four days after making.
Other rice crispy treat recipes:
If you tried this Rice Crispy Treats with Olive Oil or any other recipe on my site, please leave a 🌟 rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I would love to hear from you!
Rice Crispy Treats with Olive Oil
- Mixing bowl
- Large pot
- 9 x 13 inch pan greased
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 10.5 ounces mini marshmallows set aside one cup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Begin by greasing a 9 x 13 inch pan and set it aside.
- In a large bowl add the rice cereal and one cup of the mini marshmallows. Mix them together.
- In a large pot, heat the remaining mini marshmallows with the olive oil. Stir on low or medium low until well combined. Add in the vanilla extract and salt. Stir again.
- Add the melted mixture to the rice cereal and mini marshmallows in your large mixing bowl. Fold in and then transfer to your 9 x 13 pan. Spread the mixture as evenly as possible (try to avoid pushing down too hard or it will make the treats tough).
- Let the treats sit out for one hour before cutting and serving.