The combination of pumpkin and banana are wonderful together in this whole wheat pumpkin banana bread. This whole wheat quick bread is the best of both worlds!
I have been on a banana bread baking mission lately. I wanted to try something a little different and make whole wheat pumpkin banana bread. The pumpkin and banana flavors are super complimentary in this bread. It is a sweet but not overly sweet banana bread with a fantastic mix of rich flavors.
Pumpkin AND banana?!
Yep, pumpkin and banana! Needless to say, I’m a huge fan of both pumpkin and banana bread. The banana and pumpkin flavors along with the whole wheat flour really compliment each other in this recipe. What’s better than getting ready for fall with everything pumpkin and combining a classic staple like banana bread? Nothing, at all! It is a great combination.
Can I use frozen bananas?
Of course, frozen bananas are fantastic for making banana bread. I love freezing bananas to use for smoothies or banana bread.
Can I add nuts to this pumpkin banana bread recipe?
If desired, adding a ½ cup of walnuts or pecans would be a delicious addition to this recipe.
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Banana Bread
- loaf pan
- 2 ripe bananas mashed with a fork
- ½ stick butter melted and cooled
- ⅓ cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, brown sugar, and salt).
- Next mix in the butter, pumpkin, and honey. Note that the melted butter should be cooled or it will scramble the eggs in the next step.
- Add the vanilla, sour cream, and eggs.
- Mix well with a hand mixer for about three minutes.
- Bake in a greased loaf pan at 350 degrees for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. If you need even more recipes, be sure to check out our Take a Recipe and Leave a Recipe group on Facebook for even more cooking and recipe inspiration.
If you liked this recipe, you might also enjoy:
- Molasses and Buttermilk Banana Bread
- Super Easy Yellow Cake Mix Banana Bread
- Buttermilk and Honey Banana Bread
- Cast Iron Skillet Banana Bread
- Coconut Pudding Banana Bread