This coconut pudding banana bread is perfect for banana bread lovers. Coconut and banana go together wonderfully in this extra moist banana bread recipe.
I have been on a quest to make all the banana bread recipes out there. I have made cast iron skillet banana bread, pumpkin banana bread, molasses and buttermilk banana bread, and yellow cake mix banana bread! Next on my list was coconut pudding banana bread. The mix of coconut and banana turned out fantastic. The two flavors really compliment each other.
I recently tried a banana bread recipe that uses French vanilla pudding mix. It is a really delicious banana bread recipe. I wanted to try something similar but instead use coconut pudding and coconut flakes. I’m so glad I did some more banana bread recipe experimenting because it turned out so good. If you are a coconut fan and a banana bread fan then you’ll love this recipe.
What kind of pudding goes into this banana bread?
A box of instant coconut pudding mix (about 3.5 ounces). I used just a store brand pudding. You do not need to prepare the pudding so disregard the instructions on the box. You also want to be sure that you are getting the instant kind of pudding mix.
If you can’t find coconut pudding mix, you can substitute French vanilla instant pudding mix.
What type of pan do I need for this banana bread recipe?
You can make this banana bread in two loaf pans (9 x 5 inch) or a bundt cake pan.
Can I use frozen bananas?
I love using frozen bananas in this coconut banana bread recipe. I love throwing some ripe bananas in my freezer so I can make banana bread later.
Can I freeze this banana bread?
You can definitely freeze this banana bread recipe. To best freeze this recipe, I suggest wrapping a loaf tightly in aluminum foil or in plastic wrap. This banana bread can be frozen for about two months or so. When you’re ready to eat it, let it defrost and then slice it.
What ingredients do I need for this coconut banana bread?
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- Bananas: Any where from a little spotty to brown work for this recipe.
- Instant coconut pudding mix: French vanilla may be substituted if you cannot find coconut. The pudding mix will add additional flavor and increase the moistness.
- Eggs: You’ll need three large eggs for this recipe.
- Canola oil: Vegetable or safflower oil also work.
- All purpose flour: The base of our banana bread.
- White sugar and brown sugar: To sweeten the banana bread.
- Salt: Just one teaspoon is needed.
- Baking soda and baking powder: To make the bread rise.
- Vanilla extract: Pure vanilla extract is best for baking.
- Sweetened coconut flakes: What’s coconut banana bread without coconut flakes?
Coconut Pudding Banana Bread
- Bundt cake pan or two loaf pans (9 x 5 inch)
- 3 ripe bananas mashed with a fork
- 1 package instant coconut pudding mix (about 3.5 ounces), unprepared French vanilla instant pudding may also be substituted
- 3 eggs beaten
- ⅔ cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a bundt cake pan or two loaf pans and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add the eggs, oil, vanilla extract, coconut pudding mix, and mashed bananas.
- Mix well with a hand mixer for 3 minutes or until the batter is smooth.
- Stir in one cup the coconut flakes with a large wooden spoon or spatula.
- Pour mix into the greased bundt cake pan or two loaf pans.
- Add the remaining ¼ cup of coconut flakes on top and then cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle. If desired, remove the aluminum foil the last 5 to 10 minutes of baking to toast the coconut flakes.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. If you need even more recipes, be sure to check out our Take a Recipe and Leave a Recipe group on Facebook for even more cooking and recipe inspiration.
If you liked this coconut pudding banana bread, you might also like:
- Chocolate Banana Bread with Pudding Mix
- Butterscotch Banana Bread
- Copycat Starbucks Banana Bread
- Molasses and Buttermilk Banana Bread
- Super Easy Yellow Cake Mix Banana Bread
- Buttermilk and Honey Banana Bread
- Cast Iron Skillet Banana Bread
- Whole Wheat Pumpkin Banana Bread