I have been on a quest to make all the banana bread recipes out there. I have made cast iron skillet banana bread, pumpkin banana bread, molasses and buttermilk banana bread, and yellow cake mix banana bread! Next on my list was coconut pudding banana bread.
I recently tried a banana bread recipe that uses French vanilla pudding mix. It is a really delicious banana bread! I wanted to try something similar but instead use coconut pudding and coconut flakes. I’m so glad I did some more banana bread recipe experimenting because it turned out so good. If you are a coconut fan and a banana bread fan then you’ll love this recipe.
The mix of coconut and banana turned out fantastic. The two flavors really compliment each other.
What kind of pudding goes into this banana bread?
A box of instant coconut pudding mix (about 3.5 ounces). I used just a store brand pudding. You do not need to prepare the pudding so disregard the instructions on the box. You also want to be sure that you are getting the instant kind of pudding mix.
What type of pan do I need for this coconut pudding banana bread recipe?
I prefer to use a bundt cake pan for this recipe. Not only does a bundt cake make for a really beautiful looking banana bread it also helps the banana bread stay moist. If you don’t have bundt cake pan on hand you can also use two 8 x 4 inch loaf pans to make this recipe.
Can I use frozen bananas?
I love using frozen bananas in this coconut banana bread recipe. I love throwing some ripe bananas in my freezer so I can make banana bread later.
Can I freeze this chocolate banana bread?
You can definitely freeze this banana bread recipe. To best freeze this recipe, I suggest wrapping a loaf tightly in aluminum foil or in plastic wrap. This banana bread can be frozen for about two months or so. When you’re ready to eat it, let it defrost and then slice it.
What ingredients do I need for this coconut banana bread?
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- Instant coconut pudding mix
- Canola oil
- All purpose flour
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Sweetened coconut flakes
Coconut Pudding Banana Bread
- Bundt cake pan (you can also use two 8 x 4 pans if needed).
- 3 ripe bananas mashed with a fork
- 1 package instant coconut pudding mix (about 3.5 ounces) unprepared
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a bundt cake pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add the eggs, oil, vanilla extract, coconut pudding mix, and mashed bananas.
- Mix well with a hand mixer for 3 to 5 minutes or until the batter is smooth.
- Stir in the coconut flakes with a large wooden spoon or spatula.
- Pour mix into the greased bundt cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. If you need even more recipes, be sure to check out our Take a Recipe and Leave a Recipe group on Facebook for even more cooking and recipe inspiration.
If you liked this coconut pudding banana bread, you might also like:
- Chocolate Banana Bread with Pudding Mix
- Butterscotch Banana Bread
- Copycat Starbucks Banana Bread
- Molasses and Buttermilk Banana Bread
- Whole Wheat Six Banana Bread
- Super Easy Yellow Cake Mix Banana Bread
- Buttermilk and Honey Banana Bread
- Cast Iron Skillet Banana Bread
- Whole Wheat Pumpkin Banana Bread