This crockpot white chicken chili with rotisserie chicken is so easy to make. It’s a great toss and go recipe for the crockpot and perfect to set up in the morning for a busy weeknight dinner!
I’m a huge fan of making chili in my crockpot. This is my favorite white chicken chili recipe for the crockpot, it always turns out so good every time! It is the perfect chili for cooler weather and when you’re in the mood for something a little different. It’s also an easy toss and go recipe. The only real prep is chopping up a few things. This recipe uses rotisserie chicken which makes things even easier.
I’ve actually been trying out a ton of chili recipes because my neighborhood has an annual chili cook off each year! Last year I didn’t get a chance to enter since I had two children under the age of two at the time but hopefully I’ll get to enter this coming year. Needless to say I have been trying out all of the chili recipes.
Crockpots really are the perfect kitchen gadget to make chili with. Chili is just so much better after it has been simmered all day. I love trying out chili that isn’t just the regular type. Something different is always fun and that’s another reason why I love this crockpot white chicken chili with rotisserie chicken.
What ingredients do I need for this recipe?
To make this recipe, you will need:
- Shredded rotisserie chicken: You can also substitute two large chicken breasts, if desired. Shred them with two forks before serving.
- White onion: You’ll need one medium onion, finely diced.
- Cannellini beans and great northern beans: The beans for the chili, be sure to drain and rinse them well.
- Diced green chiles: You’ll need a small can (about 4 ounces). Do not drain the liquid, it is needed in the chili.
- Garlic, cumin, red pepper flakes, oregano, bay leaf, and thyme: The spices for the chili. Remove the bay leaf after cooking.
- Chicken stock or broth: You’ll need one carton (about 32 ounces).
- Lime: You’ll need the juice of one small lime. You can also use two tablespoons of bottled lime juice.
- Water: To thin the chili out a little.
- Green hot sauce (optional): The green hot sauce is optional but I highly recommend it. It gives the chili a great depth of flavor.
- Salt and pepper: I recommend doing salt and pepper to taste. Depending on your brand of chicken stock, you might need to do more or less salt.
If you don’t have great northern beans or cannellini beans you can swap out other types of white beans.
Is this chili spicy?
This isn’t an overly spicy recipe, it’s pretty mild although the green chiles do add a little heat. If you want to spice it up add half of a diced jalapeño with the seeds removed. You can also add a little green hot sauce to give it a kick, if desired.
Do I have to use rotisserie chicken?
I love using rotisserie chicken because it’s just so easy but you can also use two large chicken breasts. If you want to substitute chicken breast, just throw them in with everything else and then shred them using two forks before serving.
What goes well with this white chicken chili?
I love serving this crockpot white chicken chili with yellow cake mix corn bread. There are so many options that go well with this crockpot white chicken chili.
You can also top this chili with so many delicious things like corn chips, oyster crackers, tortilla strips, shredded cheese, sour cream, and avocado.
How long should I let this chili cook for?
You can cook this white chicken chili on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
How to store leftovers
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in your fridge for 4 to 5 days.
Other crockpot recipes:
Did you try this recipe?
Leave a review below and tag @twopinkpeonies on Instagram & Facebook!
Crockpot White Chicken Chili with Rotisserie Chicken
- Crockpot (slow cooker)
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken meat
- 1 medium white onion finely diced
- 1 can cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can northern beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced green chiles with their juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf remove the bay leaf after cooking
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 carton chicken stock or broth about 32 ounces
- the juice of one small lime
- ½ cup water if needed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon green hot sauce optional but highly recommended
For serving (optional)
- sour cream
- sliced avocado
- shredded cheese
- diced onion
- corn bread
- corn chips
- oyster crackers
- Begin by spraying your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Add the onion, garlic, and chicken first.
- Next, drain and rinse the beans and then add them.
- Afterwards, add the green chiles with their juice, and chicken stock.
- Add the spices, hot sauce (if desired), lime juice, and water if needed. Stir well and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
Leave a Reply