I’m a huge fan of making chili in my crockpot. This is my favorite white chicken chili recipe for the crockpot, it always turns out so good every time! It is the perfect chili for cooler weather and when you’re in the mood for something a little different. It’s also an easy toss and go recipe. The only real prep is chopping up a few things. This recipe uses rotisserie chicken which makes things even easier.
I’ve actually been trying out a ton of chili recipes because my neighborhood has an annual chili cook off each year! Last year I didn’t get a chance to enter since I had two children under the age of two at the time but hopefully I’ll get to enter this coming year. Needless to say I have been trying out all of the chili recipes. Crockpots really are the perfect kitchen gadget to make chili with. Chili is just so much better after it has been simmered all day. I love trying out chili that isn’t just the regular type. Something different is always fun and that’s another reason why I love this crockpot white chicken chili with rotisserie chicken.
Is this chili spicy?
This isn’t an overly spicy recipe, it’s pretty mild although the green chiles do add a little heat. If you want to spice it up add half of a diced jalapeño with the seeds removed. You can also add a little green hot sauce to give it a kick, if desired.
Do I have to use rotisserie chicken?
I love using rotisserie chicken because it’s just so easy but you can also use two large chicken breasts. If you want to substitute chicken breast, just throw them in with everything else and then shred them using two forks before serving.
This recipe is also great if you want to use leftover Turkey from Thanksgiving! It tastes just as good with turkey.
What goes well with this white chicken chili?
I love serving this crockpot white chicken chili with yellow cake mix corn bread. There are so many options that go well with this crockpot white chicken chili. You can also top this chili with so many delicious things like corn chips, oyster crackers, tortilla strips, shredded cheese, sour cream, and avocado.
How long should I let this chili cook for?
You can cook this white chicken chili on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
What ingredients do I need for this recipe?
To make this recipe, you will need:
- Shredded rotisserie
- White onion
- Canned diced tomatoes
- Cannellini beans
- Great northern beans
- Diced green chiles
- Red pepper flakes
- Chicken stock or broth
- Green hot sauce (optional)
- Salt and pepper
If you don’t have great northern beans or cannellini beans you can swap out other types of white beans.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in your fridge for 4 to 5 days.
Crockpot White Chicken Chili with Rotisserie Chicken
- Crockpot (slow cooker)
- 3-4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken meat
- 1 medium white onion finely diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can northern beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced green chiles
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 carton chicken stock or broth about 32 ounces
- the juice of one small lime
- 1/2 cup water if needed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp green hot sauce optional
For serving (optional)
- sour cream
- sliced avocado
- shredded cheese
- diced onion
- corn bread
- corn chips
- oyster crackers
- Begin by spraying your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Add the onion, garlic, and chicken first.
- Next, Rinse and drain the beans and then add them.
- Afterwards, add the green chiles with their juice, the diced tomatoes, and chicken stock.
- Add the spices, hot sauce (if desired), lime juice, and water if needed. Stir well and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
If you liked this crockpot white chicken chili recipe with rotisserie chicken, you might also like:
- The BIG List of Crockpot Recipes
- Yellow Cake Mix Cornbread
- Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
- Crockpot Chipotle Chicken Chili
- Crockpot Sweet Potato and Bison Chili
- Crockpot Turkey Chili with Butternut Squash