If you’re a banana pudding fan then you’ll love these banana pudding brownies. They’re such a fun dessert to make!
These banana pudding brownies are delicious and such a fun treat! I say they’re brownies but there’s no chocolate in these so they could also be called banana pudding blondies.
These taste just like banana pudding in a brownie form! They’re so easy to whip up too. You can have a delicious dessert in less than an hour.
💛 Why you’ll love this recipe
These banana pudding brownies are such a fun treat to make. They are a unique dessert and perfect for banana pudding fans!
🍌 Ingredients needed
For the banana pudding brownies, you will need:
- Flour: The base of the brownies.
- Salt: You’ll need just ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- Nutmeg: You’ll need just a tiny bit of nutmeg. It helps bring out the banana flavor.
- Instant French vanilla pudding: Make sure you get Instant and not cook and serve. French vanilla actually works much better than banana pudding for these brownies. Make sure you get the 3.4 ounce box and not the larger one.
- Brown sugar: To sweeten the brownies
- Egg: You’ll need one large egg.
- Butter: I recommend using unsalted butter.
- Bananas: You’ll need two bananas for this recipe. A ripe to mash and put in the brownies and then one yellow banana to slice and top the brownies with.
- Vanilla wafers: I used mini vanilla wafers.
For the vanilla drizzle, you will need:
- Powdered sugar: Also called confectioner’s sugar.
- Milk: I used whole milk.
- Salt: You’ll need just a pinch of salt.
- Vanilla extract: If possible, I recommend that you use pure vanilla extract.
🍽 What type of pan to use for this recipe
You will need an 8 x 8 pan for this recipe.
🥣 How to make this recipe (step by step guide)
For the brownies:
Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and then grease an 8 x 8 inch square pan. Melt your butter and set it aside to cool.
In a large bowl combine your dry ingredients (flour, brown sugar, nutmeg, salt, and pudding mix). Stir well with a large spoon (image 1).
Add in your wet ingredients (ripe banana, egg, and melted butter). Mix with a stand or hand mixer until everything is well combined (image 2).
Spread into an 8 x 8 inch pan (image 3). Layer banana slices and vanilla wafers on top (image 4).
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle (image 5).
For the glaze:
Combine all the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Mix with a hand or stand mixer until well combined.
Drizzle over the brownies and serve (image 6).
- You will need two bananas for this recipe. One ripe banana for the brownie batter and one yellow banana to slice and top the brownies with.
- Make sure to use the smaller box of pudding (3.4 ounces) and to use instant and NOT cook and serve.
Other banana recipes:
If you tried this Banana Pudding Brownies recipe or any other recipe on my site, please leave a ⭐ rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I would love to hear from you!
Banana Pudding Brownies
- 8 x 8 inch square pan
For the brownies
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 box Instant French vanilla pudding 3.4 ounce
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- ½ cup mashed ripe banana about one medium banana
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 yellow banana sliced (for topping)
- vanilla wafers for topping
For the vanilla glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
For the brownies
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and then grease an 8 x 8 inch square pan.
- Melt your butter and set it aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine your dry ingredients (flour, brown sugar, nutmeg, salt, and pudding mix). Stir well with a large spoon.
- Add in your wet ingredients (ripe banana, egg, and melted butter).
- Mix with a stand or hand mixer until everything is well combined.
- Spread into an 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Layer banana slices and vanilla wafers on top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.
For the vanilla glaze
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Mix with a hand or stand mixer until well combined.
- Drizzle over the brownies and serve.
- You need two bananas for this recipe. One ripe banana to go in the batter and one yellow banana to slice and put on top.
Woah these look awesome!
Such a delicious sweet treat – so simple to prepare, great texture and banana flavour! Yum!
What a great twist on brownies! My boys love them.
love these blondies, they are easy to make and perfect for snacking. Paired it with coffee too.
Combining my two favorite things! I can’t wait to try them!
these brownies turned out soooo good! so sweet and delicious!
I love this non-traditional twist on brownies! The banana makes it healthy!
Prepared as directed, then tweaked the recipe with 2 T. nutritional yeast, 1 can white beans, rinsed and pureed, and topped with chopped walnuts. Now a 5-star rating!
Also, its very helpful to list the ingredients in the order in which they’re used.
I will have to try this.
My family loves almost anything bananas.
This looks SUPER tasty! I bet my family would love it!
Ooh my little ones would love these! I’ve never even thought about making something like this. Thanks for the suggestion!
Mmm this looks really yummy. Definitely something the whole family would enjoy.
Melissa M Sanchez
This recipe sounds super yummy to me. I love anything with bananas in it. I feel like I can add less sugar if I add bananas! thanks for sharing.
The taste was very good, but the consistency is not like brownies at all. It’s much more like banana spice cake.
These look like a fun and easy treat! Yum!
That just sounds amazing! And you make it sound easy to make, thanks for sharing!
Two Pink Peonies
Thanks so much I hope you enjoy!