These turkey bacon wrapped dates are such an easy and delicious appetizer. They are sure to impress guests at parties and potlucks.
These turkey bacon wrapped dates are a lighter alternative to regular bacon wrapped dates. They are wonderful to serve at parties, potlucks, or even for tailgating. You only need three simple ingredients to make these too!
💭 Why you’ll love this recipe
These turkey bacon wrapped dates are so easy to make and use just three ingredients. They’re delicious and great for parties too.
For this recipe, you will need:
- Dates: I bought pitted dates to keep things easy. You can use regular dates and remove the pits before using.
- Turkey Bacon: Use your favorite brand, I used Jennie-O.
- Goat Cheese: I used plain goat cheese but honey goat cheese is also nice if you like a little more sweetness.
⏲️ Recipe instructions (step by step guide)
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and soak your toothpicks in water (image 1). Soaking the toothpicks in water will help keep them from splitting.
Next, remove the pits from your dates (skip if you have pitted dates). Stuff with a small amount of goat cheese (image 2). I used a little more than a teaspoon in each.
Wrap with a slice of turkey bacon that has been cut in half and poke a toothpick through (image 3).
Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper (not wax paper) or sprayed with non-stick spray (image 4).
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until bacon is nicely browned. Turn about half way through. Use paper towels to soak up any extra grease once cooled.
- Swap the goat cheese out for cream cheese or blue cheese if you want to mix things up a little bit.
- Add a few flakes of sea salt for a nice twist.
- Use pitted dates to make the recipe extra easy.
- Do not overcook, the turkey bacon takes less time than regular bacon.
- Don’t over stuff the dates.
🥡 How to store leftovers
Store any leftover dates in your refrigerator. They will be good for three days after making. Reheat them on low.
Cream cheese, goat cheese, and blue cheese all go well with dates.
Prepare these until the step before baking then add them to a freezer safe dish lined with parchment paper. You can freeze these for up to two months.
Other appetizer recipes:
If you tried these Turkey Bacon Wrapped Dates or any other recipe on my site, please leave a ⭐ rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I would love to hear from you!
Turkey Bacon Wrapped Dates
- Baking sheet
- 12 dates pits removed
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 6 slices turkey bacon cut in half
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and soak your toothpicks in water (this helps to keep them from splitting while baking).
- Next, remove the pits from your dates (skip if you have pitted dates). Stuff with a small amount of goat cheese (I used a little more than a teaspoon in each).
- Wrap with a slice of turkey bacon that has been cut in half and poke a toothpick through.
- Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper (not wax paper) or sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until turkey bacon is nicely browned. Turn about half way through. Use paper towels to soak up any extra grease once cooled.