These crockpot Dr Pepper ribs are so easy to make. These ribs are super flavorful, tender, and they are the perfect dinner to come home to.
I actually really dig using my crockpot to make ribs in. They come out great every time and it’s just so easy to toss everything in and let my slow cooker do all the work for me.
I love making ribs almost any time, they’re great for busy weeknights, summer dinners, potlucks, or game days. This recipe is the perfect way to get dinner on the table.
This is such an easy recipe to make. You will need:
- Ribs: Both beef or pork ribs work. You’ll need about 4 to 6 pounds of ribs.
- Barbecue sauce: Use your favorite barbecue sauce, we like to use Sweet Baby Rays.
- Dr. Pepper: I grabbed a bottle, but you really only need one cup (about 8 ounces) of soda for this recipe. Don’t use diet soda for this recipe.
- Salt and pepper (optional): A sprinkle of salt and pepper will also add some flavor to these ribs.
Why cook with soda?
Soda (in this case Dr Pepper) actually works as a meat tenderizer in this recipe. It also gives the ribs a deeper flavor.
What to serve with these ribs
How to store leftovers
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in your fridge. They will be good for 4 days.
How to make
To make these ribs, spray your crockpot with non-stick spray. Add the ribs, then add the soda and barbecue sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Crockpot Dr Pepper Ribs
- Crockpot or slow cooker
- 4 to 6 pounds ribs (boneless or bone in)
- 8 ounces Dr Pepper do not use diet
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce about 16 ounces
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray your crockpot with non-stick spray.
- Add the ribs, then add the soda and barbecue sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
If enjoyed this crockpot recipe, you might also like:
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken Thighs
- Crockpot Smothered Chicken Thighs
- Crockpot Dr Pepper Baked Beans
- Crockpot Dr Pepper Beef Tacos
If you enjoyed this recipe, don’t forget to share it or save it for later with Pinterest!