Who doesn’t love rice crispy treats? Why not up your rice crispy treat game with cookie butter? If you’ve never had cookie butter it is truly a magical food. This spin on the classic rice crispy treat is a great recipe for potlucks, tailgating, parties, or baby showers. You can switch out the cookie butter for peanut butter or in the fall you could even pick up some pumpkin spice butter. Talk about yum, the deliciousness is endless!
Another reason why I LOVE these cookie butter rice crispy treats is that they are so easy to make. You only need four ingredients and there’s no baking involved.
Affiliate disclaimer: Please note that this post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase or sign up for a service. There is no additional cost to you.
Where to find cookie butter?
You can find it at Trader Joe’s but I’ve also seen some grocery stores and of course, Amazon start to carry cookie butter. Need to grab some cookie butter? You can even order it on Amazon (my favorite place to shop EVER)!
What ingredients do I need to make these cookie butter rice crispy treats?
I love making these rice crispy treats because you only need four ingredients. For these cookie butter rice crispy treats, you’ll need:
- Mini marshmallows
- Cookie Butter
- Rice Cereal
What type of pan to use for these rice crispy treats?
For this recipe you’ll need a 9 x 13 pan. I usually use a Pyrex pan but I’ve also used disposable aluminum pans when I’ve brought these delicious treats to parties or to tailgates.
How to make these cookie butter rice crispy treats
To make these cookie butter rice crispy treats, first gather your ingredients:
1/2 stick of butter
1 bag of mini marshmallows
1/2 cup of cookie butter
5 1/2 cups of rice cereal
Add the butter to a large pan and begin to heat it on low heat. While the butter heats, grease a 9 x 13 pan. Add the cookie butter and marshmallows to the butter on low heat while continually stirring to avoid burning the mixture. Stir the mixture until it is all evenly melted.
Add the rice cereal to the mixture and then pour everything into the 9 x 13 pan. Use a spatula to spread the mixture out evenly and let cool for an hour before cutting into squares.
That’s it just. Next just watch them all disappear!
Cookie Butter Rice Crispy Treats Recipe
- 9 x 13 pan
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup cookie butter
- 5 1/2 cups rice cereal
- Add the butter to a large pan and begin to heat it on low heat.
- While the butter heats, grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Add the cookie butter and marshmallows to the butter on low heat while continually stirring to avoid burning the mixture.
- Stir the mixture until it is all evenly melted.
- Add the rice cereal to the mixture and then pour everything into the 9 x 13 pan.
- Use a spatula to spread the mixture out evenly and let cool for an hour (two hours is usually best) before cutting into squares.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, if you need even more recipes be sure to check out the Take a Recipe and Leave a Recipe group on Facebook!
If you liked this cookie butter rice crispy treat recipe, you might also like:
- Super Easy Peach Pie Coffee Cake
- Lorna Doone Banana Pudding
- Strawberry Crunch Covered Strawberries
- Snickers Apple Salad
- Oatmeal Whoopie Pies (Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies)
- Copycat Great American Cookies Chocolate Chip Cookies