Who doesn’t love ice cream? Ice cream is such fun way to incorporate into a lesson. This ice cream in a bag lesson plan for preschool is great for a preschool classroom, homeschool preschool, or for a parent wanting an extra activity to do with their child.
About this ice cream lesson
Ice cream in a bag is such a fun science experiment for preschoolers. This activity includes both an activity and free shape tracing printable for a good combination of learning, experimenting, and ice cream.
Supplies needed for this ice cream themed lesson
For this lesson, you’ll need:
- Heavy cream (you can also use canned coconut milk)
- A quart sized zip lock bag
- A heavy duty freezer gallon zip lock bag
- Kosher salt
- Vanilla extract
- Oven mitts (to keep hands warm while shaking the ice cream)
- Crayons (for the printable, not for the ice cream)
How to do this ice cream lesson
To do this ice cream lesson, you can start by doing the shape tracing activity and then finish by making and then eating the ice cream in a bag.
How to make the ice cream in a bag
Ice Cream in a Bag
- Large gallon size ziplock bag
- Quart size ziplock bag
- Oven mitts (to keep hands warm)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups ice
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- fresh fruit
- chocolate syrup
- caramel syrup
- In the smaller bag, add the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla.
- Seal the bag and remove as much excess air as possible.
- In the larger bag, add the kosher salt and ice.
- Using oven mitts (to keep your hands warm) shake the bag for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the bag and serve with optional toppings if desired.
How to download
To download and print this free printable simply click the black download button below. It will download as a PDF file for you to print. This printable is for personal and single classroom use only. No commercial reproduction is allowed.
If you liked this ice cream in a bag lesson plan for preschool, you might also like:
- How to Start a Homeschool Preschool Group
- Fishes and Loaves Activity with Bread in a Bag
- Ocean Activity and Crafts for Preschoolers
- Learning About Feelings Preschool Activity
- Growing Plants Homeschool Preschool Activity
- Flowers Shape Tracing Printable
- Halloween Shape Tracing Printable