This crockpot leftover turkey chili is so easy to make. It is loaded with flavor and a wonderful way to repurpose your Thanksgiving leftovers!
Have you had turkey and stuffing for days now and are wondering if there’s any end in sight? Well, why not mix things up and use your leftover turkey meat to make this crockpot leftover Thanksgiving turkey chili?
This recipe also comes in handy when you wish to defrost any turkey leftovers from your Thanksgiving dinner later on. It’s the perfect thing to make on a cooler day.
⭐ Why you’ll love this recipe.
This recipe is not only simple but it is absolutely delicious. It is a healthy recipe and also your crockpot will do all the hard work for you!
🍲 What ingredients do I need for this recipe?
To make this recipe, you will need:
- Shredded turkey meat: You’ll need about four cups of pulled turkey meat.
- White onion: You’ll need one small white onion for this recipe.
- Navy beans and great northern beans: The beans for the chili. You can also use other white beans, if desired.
- Diced green chiles: To give the chili some spice.
- Garlic powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, oregano, thyme, and bay leaf: To season the chili with. Remove the bay leaf before serving.
- Chicken stock or broth: About 32 ounces, use low sodium if you’re sodium sensitive.
- Lime: You’ll need the juice of one lime for this recipe, it really makes a big difference in the chili.
- Green hot sauce (optional): To give the chili some spice.
- Salt and pepper: I recommend doing salt and pepper to taste.
🍗 What meat is best for this chili?
Dark meat goes really nicely but a blend of both white and dark meat is also nice. I’ve also used all white meat before and I’ve even used rotisserie chicken for this recipe and it was fantastic.
⏲️ Recipe Instructions (step by step guide)
Spray your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
Add the onion and turkey first. Rinse and drain the beans before adding. Afterwards, add the green chiles with their juice, and chicken stock.
Add the spices, hot sauce (if desired), lime juice, and water if needed.
Stir well and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
🧀 What toppings go well on this chili?
I love to serve this chili with oyster crackers, corn chips, or yellow cake mix corn bread along with shredded cheddar and sour cream. Avocado and diced onion also go well on top of this chili.
🥣 What else can I do with leftover Thanksgiving turkey meat?
I love making this chili recipe with leftover Thanksgiving turkey meat but shredded turkey meat in this southwest quinoa casserole is also really good. I also like to shred and freeze leftovers.
Other recipes that you might like:
If you tried this Crockpot Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Chili or any other recipe on my site, please leave a ⭐ rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I would love to hear from you!
Crockpot Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Chili
- Crockpot or slow cooker
- 3-4 cups shredded turkey meat
- 1 small white onion finely diced
- 1 can navy beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can great northern beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced green chiles with juice (about 4.5 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 carton chicken stock or broth about 32 ounces
- 1 bay leaf remove before serving
- the juice of one small lime
- 1 tablespoon green hot sauce (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
For Serving (optional)
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- diced onion
- corn bread
- corn chips
- Begin by spraying your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Add the onion and turkey first. Rinse and drain the beans before adding. Afterwards, add the green chiles with their juice, and chicken stock
- Next, add the spices, hot sauce (if desired), lime juice, and water if needed. Stir well and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving.