If you love mall cookies AKA Great American Cookies then you’ll love this Great American Cookies copycat white chocolate macadamia nut cookies recipe.
These copycat Great American Cookies white chocolate macadamia nut cookies have soft and chewy centers with delicious white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts!
I recently made these copycat Great American Cookies sugar cookies and got a request for the white chocolate macadamia nut cookies as well as their cookie cake recipe. I haven’t gotten to the cookie cake recipe yet, but I was able to perfect this recipe!
I have been working on adding more copycat recipes and I’m so excited to share this recipe with you. I feel like it is pretty spot on. If there’s another copycat recipe that you’re looking for, please leave me a comment below and let me know.
Ingredients needed for this recipe
- Butter: You’ll want to use unsalted butter for these cookies.
- Light brown and white sugar: To sweeten the cookie dough.
- Vanilla extract: I always recommend pure vanilla for baking.
- Eggs: You’ll need two large eggs.
- Salt: You’ll need just ½ a teaspoon.
- Baking soda and baking powder: To make the cookies rise.
- All purpose flour: The base of our cookies.
- White chocolate chips and macadamia nuts: To add in at the end. Use a large spoon to stir them in.
How to store these cookies
You can store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days.
Tips for this recipe
- Be sure to chill your dough. I know it’s kind of annoying but the cookies come out too flat if you don’t.
- Use unsalted butter. Different brands have different levels of salt and can cause the dough to become too salty.
- Mix the dry ingredients then mix your wet ingredients. This ensures that no one gets a big bite of baking soda.
- Don’t make your cookie dough balls too large or your cookies will spread too much.
Copycat Great American White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter slightly softened (do not melt)
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs beaten
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (or chunks)
- ½ cup roasted macadamia nuts chopped
- Slightly soften your butter. It should still be solid but warmed just a touch to be able to mix in. I microwaved mine for about 10 seconds. Do not melt the butter, you want to just soften it slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients.
- Add in the dry ingredients except for the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Mix well with a hand mixer for about two minutes or until the dough is well mixed.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts with a large spoon.
- Use a large cookie scoop (about 2.5 tbsp) to form your cookies and roll them into balls.
- Chill your cookies in the fridge for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Bake on a greased baking sheet for 8 to 10 minutes. Let the cookies rest on the sheet for 5 minutes before transferring.