Ah, pasta salad. I really adore pasta salad. This Italian bow tie pasta salad is great for a side dish, potlucks, picnics, baby showers, or when you have leftover pasta you need to use up. Not only is this pasta salad versatile but it so easy to make. This pasta salad uses Italian dressing which gives it a zesty flavor.
The ingredients in this recipe are pretty flexible, so you can use what you like or what you have on hand.
What kind of pasta should I use in pasta salad?
I love using bow tie pasta (also called farfalle pasta) with this recipe but if you don’t have bow tie on hand you can also use rotini, penne, or macaroni noodles.
How long is this pasta salad good for?
This pasta salad is good for four to five days in your fridge. Be sure to store it in an airtight container.
What ingredients do I need for this recipe?
To make this recipe, you will need:
- Red bell pepper
- Yellow bell pepper
- Italian dressing (I used Newman’s Own)
- Hard salami
- Pasta (I used bow tie)
This recipe is very flexible, if you want to leave something out or add something (like pepperoni, tomatoes, cucumbers, cauliflower florets, etc.). You can also use macaroni, penne, or rotini noodles if you don’t have any bow tie pasta on hand. This also a great recipe to use up leftover ham from Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter.
How long should this recipe marinate for?
Let this bow tie pasta salad marinate for at least three hours before serving. If possible, marinate overnight for the best flavor.
Italian Bow Tie Pasta Salad
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced with the stems and seeds removed
- 1 yellow bell pepper finely diced with the stems and seeds removed
- 1 bottle Italian salad dressing (I used Newman's Own)
- 1/2 cup hard salami cut into small chunks
- 1 cup ham cut into small chunks
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- Begin by boiling the pasta and cooking it per the directions on the box.
- Run the pasta under cool water and drain.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and let marinate for at least three hours before serving. If possible, marinate overnight for the best flavor.
I hope you enjoyed this bow tie pasta salad recipe. If you need even more recipes then be sure to check out our Take a Recipe and Leave a Recipe group on Facebook.